Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 Little Monkeys View Post
    My sil is an EA and she doesn't work any days that the children aren't there. She works 9-330 though so depending what school you are at, it could be tight with schedules unless you get a shorter shift.
    Yes, if I were to do that I would have to apply the ones with shorter shifts. There can be varying shift schedules based on the school's needs and the funding for students that need extra assistance.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AmandaKDT For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I'm not sure if money is an issue but I know that she struggles even though her husband makes decent money. She's had to pick up a part time job and they are now a host family for Japanese exchange students to make extra money. She loves her job with the school division though and makes it work because she loves it so much.

I like the idea of exchange, and if I had a bigger home I would so do this

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by dodge__driver11 View Post
    I like the idea of exchange, and if I had a bigger home I would so do this
    I've considered it. My fiance and I aren't quite sure we would enjoy it though. We like the idea of it, introducing them to Canada and doing things with them but it's a lot of time and energy too....running them to extra curricular activities, friends, school etc. Plus we aren't too sure about having a stranger in our home for 10 months....what if you needed to fart or something?? LOL...yes, those are things that cross my mind!! haha

LOL 5, hilarious.... I am so not cultured when kids aren't here I kinda turn into a cross between Homer Simpson and Al Bundy hahaaha

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dodge__driver11 For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    hahaha, I hear ya!! My other half often looks at me in disbelief and asks "you were supposed to be a man weren't you?" LOL

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 Little Monkeys View Post
    I'm not sure if money is an issue but I know that she struggles even though her husband makes decent money. She's had to pick up a part time job and they are now a host family for Japanese exchange students to make extra money. She loves her job with the school division though and makes it work because she loves it so much.
    I have a really big student loan to pay off, so I definitely have to have a second job during the day. So that is why I was thinking of doing to combo of b & a care and another day job. We are doing just fine right now with the daycare as it is, as well as with my husband's job. But I have no intention of doing full day daycare forever and I don't really want to return to full time teaching as it really takes away from my time with my family (I was pretty much working 7 days a week before with the demands of teaching). So I think if I have some decent paying job along with the school age daycare we can make things work.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AmandaKDT For This Useful Post:

Shy
    I do not currentyl run a home daycare, but my goal is to do so one day.
    I figured when my kids start school and I am no longer "needed" all day at home (as in no one at home for me to care for during the school hours) I would start a home cleaning buiness.. Clean 1 house a day for 5 days.. approxamitly $75-$100 per house for 3-4 hours work. I am not sure how easy it would be to find the clients for each day (most people likely get theirs houses cleaned bi-wekly) so you would end up with 10 or more clients, but it would allow for PA days and what not, perhaps on a week with a PA day you clean 2 houses so that you can have the PA day off. The only thing this does not account for is Summer... (My mom does thiy type of cleaning)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Woodsy For This Useful Post:

I'll be attending Uni next September and have been wondering what kind of work I can do when I'm not in class to help with the budget. As I'll be commuting 100km away from home I have considered doing the house cleaning and advertising along my route which takes me through Niagara, Halton, Peel and GTA regions and scheduling clients along my route home so I'm not making an extra trip. Where campus is, there are enormous homes and it appears to be a wealthy area so I think this would honestly be the best source of income for me versus minimum wage somewhere but having such a huge area that I could cover is a great opportunity I think. I'll also be in charge of my scheduling which means I can work the cleanings around my classes. The previous posters suggestion was a good one in that when there are PA days you will know in advance and can schedule accordingly but then the issue of school holidays and how you would make them work around cleanings could be problematic.

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by bright sparks View Post
    I'll be attending Uni next September and have been wondering what kind of work I can do when I'm not in class to help with the budget. As I'll be commuting 100km away from home I have considered doing the house cleaning and advertising along my route which takes me through Niagara, Halton, Peel and GTA regions and scheduling clients along my route home so I'm not making an extra trip. Where campus is, there are enormous homes and it appears to be a wealthy area so I think this would honestly be the best source of income for me versus minimum wage somewhere but having such a huge area that I could cover is a great opportunity I think. I'll also be in charge of my scheduling which means I can work the cleanings around my classes. The previous posters suggestion was a good one in that when there are PA days you will know in advance and can schedule accordingly but then the issue of school holidays and how you would make them work around cleanings could be problematic.
    When I was in university I got student jobs right at the university. They usually pay more than minimum wage and can be very flexible to work around your class schedule. You could check out the postings at your university.