Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nap Situation?

Starting to feel at home...

Nap Situation?

Hi all,
    Sorry if this has been covered before, I tried searching for it but couldn't find anything. I'm just wondering where everyone's daycare kids nap. Do you have a room designated for naps? Or do you separate the kids and put one in each room?
    I was thinking about keeping them all in the same room, then I can watch them on the video monitor. I don't have the space though to have a nap room!
    I'm sure there's pros and cons to both ways. So if anyone feels like sharing, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Euphoric !
    I have a nap room (spare bedroom). I do however have one or sometimes two that sleep in the laundry room. I usually put the fussy sleeper(s) in the laundry room. I don't use my upstairs for daycare as that is off limits.

Euphoric !
    one child in each of my bedrooms in pack and plays and the oldest one on the play room floor on a nap mat

Euphoric !
    My spare bedroom is also my nap room, change room, trampoline room and extra toy storage room. Right now it fits 2 playpens and 2 cots for naptime. I have one that sleeps in the hallway though because he wakes up before everyone else. I prefer them all in one room so I can supervise them from upstairs via the video baby monitor.

Euphoric !
    Separate rooms. One in each of our bedrooms and one in a crib in the daycare playroom. I see benefits to both ways (it's a lot of work to get them to 5 separate rooms). I think they learn how to tune each other out in one room...I've seen that with them in separate rooms but I think they sleep better this way, especially when a new one is adjusting and doesn't sleep well. That bit of space and wall helps!

I have a video monitor that covers 4 rooms and a regular monitor in the 5th room.

Euphoric !
    Our diningroom is also a main floor play area and is used for naps for anyone on mats. Those in playpens are in upstairs bedrooms - have 4 so one child per room as needed.

Starting to feel at home...
    Thanks everyone for your replies! It really helps.