Hi...I need advice on after school rates. I have a boy that I will be doing after school care for from Sept - dec.

I don't like doing after school but the parents live a few houses down and knew I did daycare and asked me.

I told the parents $15 when they asked me my rate.

They only need me 1 hour for after school - no before school.

Yesterday at pickup the mom seemed to hint that she thinks the rate is too much. She said "So your price is really $15 per day huh?"
Which of course to me (translated) means -- "Don't you think that is a lot?"

Now they have me feeling bad. I only have to walk a few houses down to get the child from the bus stop so it is not like I have to go far and the child is at my house less than an hour before the parents get home.

I feel bad and am considering telling them that I will drop to $10 but on the other hand I still feel it is an extra trip I have to take out with my smaller daycare kids that we wouldn't have to get our shoes, coats etc on unless I was doing this after school care so I feel like I can't go any lower than that even if it is only 1 hour.

Ahhhh

So the question is.....if you were doing afterschool care for 1 hour per day for this child - what would you think is fair?