Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Euphoric !

Consequence for chatting during nap time?

I have a 2 yo dcg who has started chatting during nap time and will talk to the other kids etc. I usually take her out of her PNP last as a consequence for talking (taking all the good nappers out and making a big deal about how they were "so big during nap." I told her more then once to stop talking and even moved another child further from her in the playroom/nap area. I need to up my game but I am unsure what to do?

Her parents and I both spoke to her last wk and it got better. Today, she hasn't napped at all. I only have one space for the kids to nap.

Expansive...
    Well, my advice would have been to move her to another area until she gets a bit older and can rejoin the group, but that's not possible?

I have one like this right now and was about to post.....Hopefully we both get some good ideas.

Expansive...
    I definitely recommend a sound machine so that it drowns out the chatting for the other kids. Rearranging the nap room so that she can't see anyone would be the best option. I don't think I would take her out of her PNP under any circumstance as she may actually see this as a reward not a punishment. I also have a two year old who chats to the others at the beginning of nap time but it usually only lasts. 5-10 mins and they are all asleep. Even if she continues to chat they all usually fall anyways...

Euphoric !
    To clarify, she does not get out of her PNP during nap time. After nap, I take her out last though and she waits until everyone is changed and all the PNP's are away and she stands there and watches them play.

Euphoric !
    Also, it's one big open space

Euphoric !
    Can you not put her in one of your bedrooms by herself?

Euphoric !
    I have an issue with the boy that arrives later than the others. When we go for nap he usually isn't ready to sleep yet as he gets hear almost 2 hours after the rest (so gets to sleep in longer in the morning at home). It drives me crazy. I have had to put him in the corner and I drape a blanket over the 2 sides of the playpen that he can see out of. I keep wanting to sew some covers for the 2 sides and Velcro them on I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Maybe try that. I know as soon as he can't see the other kids and communicate with them he goes to sleep.

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by torontokids View Post
    To clarify, she does not get out of her PNP during nap time. After nap, I take her out last though and she waits until everyone is changed and all the PNP's are away and she stands there and watches them play.
    My mistake, I misread your post. Does her chatting prevent the others from falling asleep? Typically I find things like this get worse the more I try and intervene and I've been surprised a few times that if I just let the chatters chat away everybody gets bored of it after a few days and everyone sleeps.

Expansive...
    Find another spot in the house to separate her from the other nappers.