Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Obtaining a license in a townhouse??

Hi all!
    From what I am finding online, it appears as if I will not be able to become licensed while I live in a townhouse as I do not have a bathroom on the main living area (both bathrooms are upstairs).

Does anyone else have experience with this as I do find the guidelines somewhat vague. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cora

Hi Cora, for us to advise you, you should let us know approximately where you are located. In Canada we are not licensed and I am not familiar with guidelines that indicate where bathrooms should be. More info would be helpful.

Expansive...
    Yes, which province? Some provinces DO license home daycares, and some don't.

Starting to feel at home...
    I'm in BC. And I know that you can be LNR or licensed. To be licensed you can have up to 7 children in your care and there are restrictions on ages, etc. To remain unlicensed means only 2 children who are not your own. From what I see online it "appears" as if a bathroom needs to be on the same level as the main daycare area but I also find everything I read to be somewhat confusing. I guess I'll have to attempt to call.

Expansive...
    Probably the best thing to do is just contact them with your question. I'm in Manitoba and am licensed, here there are info sessions you can go to for people interested in becoming licensed. There must be something similar in BC.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AmandaKDT For This Useful Post: