When we moved into our first house in August, we did not have a finished basement, so naturally, I made out main floor and up stairs the daycare. We eat in our kitchen, play in our living room, sleep upstairs (divided among three rooms). I also have 2 upstairs rooms that are strictly dedicated to the daycare and my own boys. A toy room and a library/puzzle room.

Creeping up on the 1 year mark in this house, and hubby wants the daycare moved into the basement to 'have his house back'. I understand where he is coming from. No matter how many times I vacuum, it needs to be done again. When he comes home, right when I close, there is usually still toys scattered on the floor. When he comes home, he either goes to our bedroom or the garage until the last of the kiddies leave. I am always scrubbing dirty hand prints off of the walls. You all know how it is.

He figures, if the daycare was in the basement, he could come home and relax on the couch and the mess, would be 'our' mess.

It is ideal, I know. However, I do think that having a full home daycare, sets me apart, even just a little, from the other providers in the area.

What do you think? Do you run your daycare in the basement? Main floor? Have you done both? Which do you prefer?