Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

What to do? What to do?

Hello Ladies!
    Okay so this post is going to be a mishmash of a couple of things but I gotta write this out to process it in my mind.

First thing: Just found out I'm 6 weeks pregnant! YAY!? We were kinda trying but figured it wouldn't happen for a while as we've been 'trying' since November. Not exactly perfect timing. Husband is in the middle of a HUGE transition at work so everything is in limbo which makes me even more nervous as for the first bit it will effect us financially and eventually will hopefully allow us to move next year when all of his training is complete (he's in the military). We always knew that I would only be taking 2 weeks off and then be back to running the day home so I'm not too concerned with that. But because of all these changes and time of limbo I am trying to hold off telling the families that I'm pregnant until we know what's going on with hubby's work (more so for my own sense of security). Now with all of these changes we don't know if he will even be around as his next course may be a total of 8 months long. How in the *bleep* do I make appointments!? And how in the world am I going to hide this for a couple months when my first appointment starts at the end of the month!? (hubby was going to watch the day home while I went to the appointments and then the only time I would close would be for the ultrasound). I feel like I have no control here and it's kinda freaking me out!!! Not to mention, I have zero family here and zero friends here! I'm literally on my own. (gasp gasp - ok panic attack over)

Second thing: I have been thinking about leaving my agency. Not because I don't like it because I actually love working with them but rather because of the limitations I have with my ratios. I'm only allowed 5 under 5yo and with my own 3yob and now baby #2 that only allows me to have 3 other full-time kids and then 2 before and after school kids who need to be 6yo or older. So I would have to let one of my families go and hope for before and after school kids (which I don't want). I can't really take that kind of hit financially as either way this would be a huge chunk of change gone. My hopes are that this Bill 143 will get rolling and in turn allow me to have another full time kid and therefore allowing me to keep everyone but who really knows when that will happen (we all know how fast the government works). My question is Do I wait a couple months to see what happens with this Bill and if nothing happens go private? Have any of you gone from an agency to private? If so, how did you go about doing it? Did you just announce it or did you approach the families first? If we do move it will be next June probably and I would hate to make the families change agencies if we are only going to be sticking around a short while after baby is born (I'm due Jan 24th).

I know, I know. I am lamenting on a whole bunch of what if's but I seriously feel like this is a game of chess. If I'm open with the families do I risk losing them? Do I just ride it out and see what happens? Blarg! I have no control over any of this and it's driving me crazy!!!

Thanks in advance for allowing me to get this out

Expansive...
    Yup that's how it usually works out !!! Babies have great timing !! My last pregnancy ? My 20th wedding anniversary lol !!!!
    Ok ! So first congratulations !!! And yay for your military man ! Promotions are great !
    I think it's your decision when you let dcps know about your pregnancy !! Your dr appt are monthly right ? Is there any way of taking time off abit early say the last day of every month ? Or after hours visits ?
    I think there's a lot of changes happening , but maybe try to figure things out one at a time so you don't feel overwhelmed ?
    Maybe time to meet someone or pay someone to cover you during dr visits ?
    As far as changing to private , maybe wait until you know for sure you will be staying open past January .
    Good luck for sure !!!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Secondtimearound For This Useful Post:

I started with an agency and stay with them for about a year. I had a contract with them that stipulated that if I left them I'd no be able to provide daycare for the families enrolled through them for 7 months. Have you checked your contract?

I just told the families about the contract I had with the agency and have to find new families.

When I was pregnant with my first son I had my appointments early in the morning and called parents on my way home to drop off. With the current pregnancy, I have an assistant and she stays with the kids when I have appointments.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Artsand crafts For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Because there is an election in the works bill 143 has been shelved .... If the liberals don't get elected in chances are the bill will be scrapped or at least môdifîed ..... Sorry but I'm hoping the liberals lose and badly and not because of bill 143

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Crayola kiddies For This Useful Post: