Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Euphoric !

Ministry inspections for unlicensed daycares

So I was outside with the kids in the backyard and we moved to the side of the house/front drive as the kids were riding bikes. A woman in an SUV pulled up in front of my house, she had credentials around her neck, came out, looked but didn't look at us then got back in her car and drove away. Maybe I'm being paranoid but I started to think my neighbour reported me. I know I have nothing to worry about as I am within ratio, the kids are clean, well fed and cared for but I can't stop stressing about it. I have a new little guy who is so cute but he cries a lot. I have actually never had a kid take long to settle at all and he is going on a month now. The other day I had 4 kids hysterically screaming/crying outside (one kid was clearly coming down with something, the new DCB, and two girls that were fighting over a shovel and I took it away) and I can't help but wonder if this just looked horrible to whoever. I don't even know what the Ministry people look like...

Did you see where the credentials were from? Is it possible they were just her work place identification? Since she didn't look at you and got back in her car I wouldn't worry about it.....besides what do you have to be worried about? You are in ratio, the kids were playing outside, you were supervising the kids closely and the kids appeared well. Everyone knows kids cry, it just sounds so much louder outside!!!
    Maybe a neighbor did complain, but oh well, if this woman was checking you out and found something wrong she would not have driven away.
    Have a glass of wine and a good night.........and don't worry

Euphoric !
    Thanks, I think I am just a little on edge these last couple of wks because of my crier. I am just not used to it and although it is much better it makes me feel like it reflects badly on me as if I am a bad caregiver. Every kid I have had has transitioned so easily so I am taking it a bit personally with him. Plus my new neighbours are not happy to learn they bought a house attached to a home daycare but I think I smoothed that one over on the weekend.

Starting to feel at home...
    Quote Originally Posted by torontokids View Post
    Thanks, I think I am just a little on edge these last couple of wks because of my crier. I am just not used to it and although it is much better it makes me feel like it reflects badly on me as if I am a bad caregiver. Every kid I have had has transitioned so easily so I am taking it a bit personally with him. Plus my new neighbours are not happy to learn they bought a house attached to a home daycare but I think I smoothed that one over on the weekend.
    They didn't ask who was attached to their house? We drove around what is now our neighbourhood at least 10 times before we put an offer in. Checked out the neighbours, the traffic, at different times of the day, etc. Maybe we were overly cautious, lol. Don't make their problems your problems. You are doing nothing wrong, kids are kids and will have off days, too

I wouldn't worry about it. As ^^ said, if she was from the Ministry, and if she had seen anything wrong, she would not have left without saying anything. Probably had a wrong address.

As for your crier, I hope he settles in quickly.