Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: July 1 st ?

Expansive...

July 1 st ?

I have July 1 off , my one dcm who comes on Monday July 1, wants to have an extra day and come Thursday , if they usually come Monday , Tuesday ,Wednesday , but Monday is the holiday , do I charge for Thursday ? I'm assuming I do , but want to be prepared if she balks !!

Expansive...
    Sadly July 1st falls on a Tuesday this year if I'm not mistaken!! Not a long weekend.

If it were on a Monday, and you were closed but paid for that day per your contract, then coming an extra day would cost extra IMO. If they get to come an extra day to replace a stat day then you aren't technically getting paid for stat holidays right?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wonderwiper For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    July 1st is a Tuesday

Expansive...
    Right , so I'm closed July 1, so they still will miss that day , so I charge for the Thursday then !

Expansive...
    It's an extra day, so charge for it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy ECE mommy For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I would charge for Thursday as it's an extra day.

I am taking the monday off unpaid so that I'm not coming home from the lake for one day and than closing.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Nice !!! I wish I had been abit more organized and taken the Monday off too ! But it's been a stressful month with my moms health issues ! And dh decided the last 2 weekends we had to redo our backyard completely !! So deck , fence and shed were repainted and grass ripped up and replaced with all new sod ! And the house trim and doors were given a new color too !!
    We put in the cutest dog run for our rescued chihuahua lol !
    I'm sorry to go on lol !!! But it's been so busy here !! I guess I just needed to complain abit lol !!
    Oh ya and we re-stained the cedar sandbox and playhouse !!
    Ok I'm done !

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Secondtimearound For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I didn't take the Monday off but turns out all my parents did or are on holidays that full week so I get Mon- Wed off which is nice. Now if I only had somewhere to go that week and everyone else in my life also had the time off. I'm sure I will find plenty to keep me busy with no one to bother me.

Just as those that are full time don't get to come on sat cause of a holiday the PT ones don't get to make it up either. What I have done in the past is charged PT for half the daily fee on a stat recognizing that not all of them will get paid for the day either.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I have in my contract that I'll give 2 weeks notice but usually give much more than that. It might be too late now but you could still do it depending on your contract?

Busy for sure but sounds like you got a lot accomplished....awes ome!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    If she wants to send her child Thursday as well then she pays for Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs (only if you get paid for stat holidays as per your contract). no switching days just to avoid paying for stats. I had a mom in my first year of doing daycare that tried that one. UMMMM....NO. I am paid for stats so if you want an extra day it is an extra day of pay.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to mickyc For This Useful Post: