Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: July 1 st ?

Outgoing
    WOW....I have been short changing myself...I have a FEW part-timers and I have always graciously allowed them to switch up days whenever they needed to for whatever reason...I have always allowed them to choose an different day if there is a stat holiday involved...it is a given that I get paid for stat holidays....WOW....s o they really should be paying for the three days even if one is a stat holiday...and if they want 3 days actually HERE...THEY PAY FOR 4....DAAA...WHAT AN IDIOT I am...also I had 4 parents that wanted to use Monday as the day off but had 1 that said...'NO...THE ACTUAL HOLIDAY IS TUESDAY SO I WILL BE DOCKING YOU ONE DAYIF YOU TAKE THE MONDAY"!!!!!! HERE'S THE CAPPER....SHE IS OFF ON MONDAY ALSO!!!!

Outgoing
    OH...FORGOT TO MENTION...THIS FAMILY HAS BEEN WITH ME FOR 6 YEARS (BETWEEN BOTH HER CHILDREN)...BUT THAT'S RIGHT....SHE IS FINISHING UP IN A MONTH....AND WON'T NEED ME ANYMORE....SO WHY WOULD ONE ACCOMMODATE THEIR DAYCARE PROVIDER IN THE SAME FASHION THEY HAVE BEEN FOR THE LAST 6 YEARS??? Sad part is....this will bring a new contract out to the current families I have now...and ya....will be a few disappointed people...time to take care of ME

Euphoric !
    Oh sandylyn you have been short changing yourself!

I changed my contract to state that all part-time children are charged for stats no matter if the were to attend or not. Fixes all the issues.

Outgoing
    You would charge them only if the stat holiday fell on one of their days...right?

Euphoric !
    NO. All part-time kids pay for the stat no matter when it falls on (I don't have any right now but when I did).

So if one family only came Tuesday/Thursday and the stat was a Monday they are charged Mon/Tue/Thur that week!

Euphoric !
    Sandylynn, I allow my part-time families to plan their days around stats and never charge them for stats. However, they pay $3 more per day for my part-time rate and I insist on a 3 day/week minimum so they pay for 3 days/week even if they use less. And I insist on their schedule one month in advance and once my calendar is marked those days are written in stone, I don't allow changes.

Now, back to the original subject. I just read this thread and saw on a facebook group about how some of you are closed on Mon. & some on Tues. for the holiday next week. I emailed my dcMoms to double check that they are all working Monday and off on Tues. I had already scheduled to take Tues. off but didn't think that maybe some workplaces might make a change. I want to provide the best customer service possible, but there is no way I will give up one day off!
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Euphoric !
    I also don't allow changes to the part-time schedule (so happy I don't have to deal with this anymore!!). I had one family who was part-time. She would often give me her schedule for 3 months at a time. The problem was that she often changed things around and I was constantly adjusting her pay/changing days etc. She still stuck to the 3 day minimum but it as a complete pain in the butt. So I changed my contract. I no longer allowed changes to their schedule once I received payment for the 2 weeks. So if they paid me (I get paid in advance) for Mon, Tues, Wed one week but ended up sending their child Mon, Tues, Thurs then they were charged for Mon,Tues, Wed, AND Thurs. Funny how they only did it a few times until she realized I no longer made adjustments to her schedule and pay.

Also on a side note I didn't charge a higher rate for part-time either so had no issue charging for stats regardless if it was a day they were to attend or not. I don't get too many paid days off and feel that all families regardless of days they attend should be paying me for that day. I never have had anyone complain.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by sandylynn View Post
    You would charge them only if the stat holiday fell on one of their days...right?
    I used to do this but than found the part timers would change their days around to avoid the stat. So now I charge all part timers my stat rate ($10 less the regular fee) so sometimes it's less and sometimes it's more depending on when the stat is. The only one I don't is a family that I have grandfathered in on a few rules/fee's. They pay every other stat which is what we agreed to when they signed on.
    Last edited by 5 Little Monkeys; 06-24-2014 at 03:04 PM.

Expansive...
    Hmmm maybe I have been short changing myself then too !!! If the holiday falls on Monday and my pt comes tues/Wednesday then it doesn't effect them but if the holiday is Tuesday and pt comes Tuesday/Wednesday then I get Tuesday off with pay . Is that short changing me ?

Euphoric !
    No secondtimearound - you aren't short changing yourself. You would though if your Tuesday/Wednesday family wanted to come Monday instead of paying you for the stat day, that is what is happening with the others. Parents will just move their days around to avoid paying for a stat day because how terrible is it that they have to pay for a day their child is not attending!

My way of avoiding the whole issue is by charging all part-time kids for stats no matter what day the stat falls on. I will have 2 part-time kids come September. They will both be charged for the stat days no matter what.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mickyc For This Useful Post: