Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Goodbye all!

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderwiper View Post
    Good for you!!! Enjoy the time with your family and best of luck with your new little one!
    Thanks wonderwiper! It's going to be a great year! All the best to you too.

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by Spixie33 View Post
    Take me with you
    * grabs ankles of GravyTrain

Reading how you are leaving makes me a little wistful. You are right - that we put waaaay too many hours into the daycare. I know I sacrifice my family and self also.

You will be missed but wishing you all the best with your baby and your new journey
    Thank you so much Spixie! I sometimes wonder if I had started my business when I was younger if it would be easier. I'm almost 40 and had the luxury of a pretty cushy government job with paid lunch break, gym in my office, etc. Hard to compare the two careers except that the longer hours and craziness of the daycare means that I'm able to be home with my baby - for that reason I will never regret it.

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by dodge__driver11 View Post
    What will u be doing instead gravy?
    dodge_driver - first thing is to tighten our family budget and see how little we can survive on for a few years - lol! next is to start crafting, i think and enter the craft show circle to earn extra income and have the benefit of being able to socialize during the shows. might sound idealistic but i'm hopeful!

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by Momof4 View Post
    Wow, what a wonderful, thoughtful, sweet post you wrote Gravytrain and you really are wise to weigh the pros and cons and do what is best for you and your family in the long run. Daycare certainly isn't the easy job some people think it is! But good luck with your new baby and thank you for your words of wisdom over the past few years. We all learn from each other when we keep an open mind and I truly appreciate all the good ideas and insights that I learn from others on a day to day basis.

On a side note, my daughter, who has 4 boys, has been taking a medical transcription course so that she can work at home and she is loving it. There are lots of options out there if you find them.
    Momof4: i have thought about going the transcription route too - it's nice to have a few different streams of income just in case there is a slow period in one avenue. hmm... i think i will look into that.