Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Expansive...

Feeling beyond frustrated !!!!

I'm venting !!! I feel bad complaining but I need to get this out of my head !! I'm waiting for a call from my sister , who is finding out if she has breast cancer !!! Ugh ! My younger sister is a six year survivor !! Of breast cancer and now this ! She got a call back for an ultrasound after the mammogram and then the next day was called to come into office on Monday ! Which meant I spent the weekend doing way too much to keep myself busy !!! I developed a horrible sinus infection and have been on Tylenol 3 for the pain !! I'm a mess !! My dck have been cranky and complaining and my own dd has been crying all day !! I'm pretending I'm Mary poppins so I stay super laid back and relaxed when inside I'm wound tighter than ? Whatever it is they say !!!
    Dr brought her in and the computers crashed !!!! So instead of phoning for results himself the nurses ( b$&!!!) tell my sister to come back !!! Seriously !!
    I feel so done , my mom is still in daily care of several physicians due to her health , dad too now this ??!!!! And what the hell does that mean for me !?!! Ugh 2 sisters with cancer ??
    It is too much , oh and older dd back with a guy we don't like , yay cherry on top !!
    Thank goodness nap has come , managed to introduce a new insect and do a craft and teach dcks a new song !! My head is so packed !
    Sorry for putting such negativity out here but no one to talk to here !!
    :-(
    Last edited by Secondtimearound; 06-09-2014 at 03:07 PM.

Outgoing
    Oh wow, so much to handle at once. Over a year ago while I was doing daycare my sister's boyfriend called to tell me that my sister was in ICU and they were considering putting her on life support. He was a mess, saying that she was dying, etc. Hard to deal with as I'm waiting for the parents to arrive and pick up their children. But it was also a good thing that I was so distracted!!
    Luckily this was on a Friday and by Sunday she had made a miraculous recovery. When it was happening the counsellor was preparing us for her passing, so needless to say we were all stunned when she recovered so quickly. It always seems really bad at the time.

My heart goes out to you. Can't believe the dr. would ask her to come back, maybe that's a good sign? Maybe you could have the kids picked up early? You need to take care of yourself now.
    If she does have breast cancer, just remember that these days the survival rate is pretty good especially if it's caught early. Good for her for going for her mammogram!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to daycaremom9 For This Useful Post:

Big hugs to you Secondtimearound. I'm sorry you are dealing with an enormous amount of stress and worry. It can be overwhelming. Do you have a good support system, a partner or good friend, relative that can help shoulder the emotional worry.

daycaremom9 is right in that breast cancer caught early is very manageable and survival rate is high. Please schedule yourself for check ups as well. As we all should. I'm thinking of you. Please let us know how you and your family are doing.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Other Mummy For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Well it was good news finally !! But they need to watch and she has to go back in 6 months !! Relief !! Yes my dh is great for listening and understands how I stress !!!
    Thank you for your kind words !!! I am on my third year of testing so keeping right on top of it !!!
    Wow daycaremom9 that is stressful !! I just went thru the exact situation with my mom ! We were told to say good bye as well ! I'm so glad your sister recovered so quickly !!! I understand the stress !!!!
    Other mummy thank you for your kind words too !!
    I really appreciate it !!!!
    Last edited by Secondtimearound; 06-09-2014 at 06:50 PM.

Euphoric !
    So glad that it turned out well for your sister!! Sounds like you still have a lot on your plate though so I hope all that turns out well too! Make sure to take time for yourself and de-stress when needed and don't feel guilty about it! Vent here when needed, call a friend, talk to your husband...don't keep it in.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Thanks 5lm !!! Yes but thankful not to have to have another sister starting a fight against cancer !!!!
    Yes a lot of stuff going on !!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Secondtimearound For This Useful Post: