Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Euphoric !
    haha, drink up!

Expansive...
    Yum rum !!! I wish I wasn't on prescriptions !!!! Ugh
    That's a lot mickyc !!! I think we handle so many things so well for so long that when we finally get overwhelmed we are confused as to why !! But it's a lot !! Selling a house , feeling a money pinch from dhs injury ! It's big issues ! As women our hormones play a lot into it too ! We all get that way!
    If you want my advice , what I do is make a list of what I can change and what I can't ! Then even working on one thing makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something ! And that makes me focus ! I say don't blame yourself and don't let others blame you , life happens !!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Secondtimearound For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by mickyc View Post

Realtor suggested dropping our price but we need what we need to buy another house because all the houses are way overpriced as well, we aren't selling to go backwards and end up with a house that requires a pile of money spent on it. Hopefully it picks up.

I feel like I need a big bottle of rum!! LOL
    I owned an acreage a couple years ago, and it did take longer than any of my city houses. I wanted to mention, if you ever switch realtors you should meet mine. I would suggest dropping the price and she would talk me out of it. She felt it was reasonably priced, and it did sell for that price. I had a realtor before this one, his only strategy was dropping the price. He never did any marketing or anything.

Euphoric !
    thanks superfun. she is a great realtor and we have used her before. she is letting us sell privately and through her at the same time which most realtor's wouldn't do. It is hard to say. We have looked at so many places in the city that we need what we need to move into a house that is not a dump but for some reason acreages are priced too low IMO. What will be is what will be. I guess I am just more anxious than anything and it is finally wearing me down. My husband asked me today why I looked so cranky (in a nice way lol). I didn't think I was but the more I thought about it he was right. I have just not been myself lately and it is just a mixture of everything weighing me down. I just need to get out of my slump!

When it rains it pours right?!? Sorry to hear of your current situation. Does your husband have coverage that would pay for him to see a chiropractor or osteopath? Just putting their hands on him will likely be enough to diagnose what's going on. Yes an MRI would be amazing but if the wait is too long and if it goes untreated it could get worse. I can recommend traumeel cream to minimize inflammation...Typic ally available from health food stores. It works like a dream and I've used it for sciatica.

As for doing stuff for yourself, even when in a tight financial spot there is stuff you can do, you just have to look for it. Go on your local tourism website. This time of year is all about festivals, some of which are free. I will have a whole weekend in July to myself and was planning on taking a short trip away alone and than bamm, I get hit with a written notice on Monday so now I'm back to penny pinching since the summer is such an expensive time with my kids camps. So I got a Niagara tourism book from the Lcbo of all places. Found a local lavendar festival... $5 and then free music performances in the regions provincial parks. What I'm saying is that there are things that you can do to take care of yourself without the need for money. I'll be taking a picnic and my book to Hyde Park in TO so just a tank of gas and I'm all set.

Be kind to yourself, that's where it starts. I'm sure you are doing all you can with your daughter, I always tell myself it's just a phase just so I can keep looking ahead versus focusing too much on the now and getting stressed. You seem like the type of person who takes no messing so consistency is key. I'm sure she'll get on the same page soon enough.

I find these situations make us closer to the ones we love or not if things are already difficult but what I'm saying is that it can force us to try extra hard to think outside of the box. My husband works shocking hours and it is a huge issue in our relationship right now. I've told him what I need from him and after nearly 2 years he is finally getting it and has applied for new jobs. Unfortunately the average time from application to start date for a job of worth in his industry is 5 To 6 months. We have to make an extra effort amidst everything to make time for each other on a couple basis. For example I cash in my air miles to get tickets and popcorn to the movies. Think of reward you can earn easily which will pay off in ways like this.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bright sparks For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Thanks Bright Sparks! I would like to say that a good night's sleep helped my mood but my daughter was up 3 times last night. She hasn't been up in the night for months, I am exhausted. My husband went to work today so hopefully he makes out ok. He does go to the chiropractor but there again we have to dish out money for the appointments and then wait to be reimbursed from his medical coverage plan. I think I am going to be lazy and stay inside this morning. My daughter's soccer/baseball is done in a week or so and that will give me more time to get things done and will help with the stress. I gotta get back juicing too. Been too lazy in the evenings to do it and I am not feeling very good since I quit doing it.

Euphoric !
    Well life just keeps handing me lemons I tell ya. Last night we got hit with a major storm. Knocked out our power. The thing is with no power my pumps in my basement don't work and with all the rain it caused sewer and water to back up all over the floor. So I had to cancel daycare today to clean up plus had to put in an insurance claim. They guys came today and ripped out all carpets and sprayed the stuff to stop mold. Going to be a good month or two before my basement gets fixed. SOOOOO....this means daycare is now moving upstairs. I am not looking forward to this at all. We also decided that because of all this we have to take our house off the market. Not sure if we will relist or not. Also my husbands cell phone was stolen last week and it cost us a big chunk of money to get a new one. Sigh....its only going to get better right? lol I sure hope so because it really can't get much worse.

Outgoing
    That really sucks. I'm sorry that happened. Now that you've had your share of bad luck, maybe some good things will come your way.

Quote Originally Posted by mickyc View Post
    Well life just keeps handing me lemons I tell ya. Last night we got hit with a major storm. Knocked out our power. The thing is with no power my pumps in my basement don't work and with all the rain it caused sewer and water to back up all over the floor. So I had to cancel daycare today to clean up plus had to put in an insurance claim. They guys came today and ripped out all carpets and sprayed the stuff to stop mold. Going to be a good month or two before my basement gets fixed. SOOOOO....this means daycare is now moving upstairs. I am not looking forward to this at all. We also decided that because of all this we have to take our house off the market. Not sure if we will relist or not. Also my husbands cell phone was stolen last week and it cost us a big chunk of money to get a new one. Sigh....its only going to get better right? lol I sure hope so because it really can't get much worse.
    OMG I am so sorry this is all happening to you. My husband talks all the time about getting a back up generator for our sump pump but the pump is already a back up to the weeping tile so even without power we should be okay. Also why would it take months for the insurance company to deal with this? I have they actually told you that time line and if so what are their reasons for the duration? We had a similar outcome due to different causes in our basement a few years back and the insurance company took 2 weeks to have the place sorted and back to normal and the damage was extensive.

Euphoric !
    We were told 1 month minimum to get the work done. I am being realistic and saying 2. The clean up has started and will likely be finished this coming week but then all the repairs will need to be made and waiting for contractors to do it. I think we will likely do some of it ourselves (flooring, painting, baseboards etc) so it can be done faster. I am dreading having the kids in my upstairs as the space is much smaller and the toys will be limited and it really isn't set up daycare. I will enjoy having a bathroom on the same floor and lots of light. Will be more TV and limited art/crafts (all my craft stuff is packed away). Luckily it is summer so we can be outside more.

And as for our bad luck streak - nope still going strong. Took the car in yesterday and had to order a part that wasn't covered by warranty. Went to soak my aching body in the hot tub this morning only to find a leak in the pump. My husband is draining it and taking it apart right now. I will also have to reimburse all families for my one day closed. Sigh....trying to remain positive.