Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Euphoric !

Stroller Suggestions

I am thinking of purchasing a triple or quad stroller but am looking for opinions. Which ones do you suggest? Not like? Do you prefer the side by sides or the single row ones?

Also where have you purchased these strollers and what was the approximate cost? I'm specifically looking in MB but would consider other places if online is an option. I have looked online in MB and only came across one used one. Not sure where in MB sells new ones.

I have used a side by side quad in the dc centres and it was okay other than the handle was kind of funny. For those who have used both, is one easier to push than the other?
    Last edited by 5 Little Monkeys; 03-13-2014 at 10:36 PM.

Starting to feel at home...
    Happy Friday 5LM!

My little ones are mostly 2 and under and I have to walk through busy streets to get to parks around so because I didn't want to worry I decided to invest in a 6 seater stroller (I have my own ds in addition to dcb). After 6 months of looking I chose the Angeles Runabout. It's huge but I love it so far. There are many reasons why I chose this one.
    1. you can remove seats when not in use
    2. no air tires = no flat tires
    3. easy in snow
    4. included canopy and sun shade
    5. parts can be replaced individually when worn (ie straps)
    6. turns corners easily
    7. nap bars in case they fall asleep
    8. seats reclines

Here is the link:
    http://www.angelesstore.com/index.ph...-stroller.html

I ordered it through a local store called All About Kids. It was the cheapest place I could find it and because it was local I didn't have to pay a shipping fee. If comes assembled so it's HUGE!

I called daycare centers that had ordered them to see how they liked it before ordering it and they all loved it. I was also looking at cheaper ones but they weren't as solid.

It also comes in a quad (cheaper than the 6seater). I paid $1375+taxes for the 6 seater. Very expensive but worth it in my view. Especially since the used ones I found we're selling for $1350 since most places sell them for $1800. These also have a great resale value so you are sure to get good money for it when you decide to sell it.

The stores website is :
    http://www.allaboutkids.info/

I love this store.

Hope this helps!

Euphoric !
    Happy Friday as well!!

Thanks for that post, very helpful! I already have a double stroller and it's not often I have more than 2 that can't do the walk anyways but I thought it would be nice to have for those days when I do. Luckily, parks and the splashparks are close by (all within a 5 minute walk....10-15 with dck walkers lol) Because they are so expensive I am trying to decide if it's worth my money. I found a daycare that is selling a quad one for $500 and it's 3 years old and looks to be in great condition. It's 2-2.5 hours from me though so.....we'll see! haha.

Outgoing
    Where is it located 5LM? I know a lot of people with trucks that might be able to help with transport. Also, if you decide you aren't going to buy it, could you send me the pictures? I have a stroller that holds 3 kids, but the walks to school can be a pain. Do these big strollers fit through doorways?

Euphoric !
    Thanks for the offer superfun, very nice of you! It is located in Wpg and my aunt and uncle live close to there and have a truck so I would just get them to pick it up But thank you!!

I will email you the kijijji ad! This one is a single row one so it would fit through doorways. Are you interested in selling your triple stroller? I just put a WTB ad on the local classifieds lol.

Quote Originally Posted by superfun View Post
    Where is it located 5LM? I know a lot of people with trucks that might be able to help with transport. Also, if you decide you aren't going to buy it, could you send me the pictures? I have a stroller that holds 3 kids, but the walks to school can be a pain. Do these big strollers fit through doorways?
    This one does. Another reason I purchased this one.

Yeah its a hard decision to make. I always prefer to buy used but couldn't find one that fit my needs other than the one I purchased but they were asking the same price as a new. Decided the extra few $ were definitely worth the warranty. Good luck with your purchase!

Euphoric !
    That's a good point purple bunny....warranty! I usually buy used too but for bigger items I do usually end up buying new for that reason. I was looking at the walmart.com site and they have a few triple and quad strollers for very, very reasonable prices! We shop across the border often so I may just look into those ones.

I just did my taxes yesterday and owe a fair amount so I might hold off on this purchase until summer, lol.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Shy
    I'm trying to find a link but of course I can't... I saw this one stroller sold in MB on kijiji, and it was a four seater stroller wagon. It looked awesome! And it was super affordable. Someone on here had the link posted and said they got it from a Mennonite seller I think? It would be worth it to look into since you live in the area. If I still lived in sask I would have driven there for one lol! But I'm in Alberta now....

Euphoric !
    Kellybelly, your comment reminded me of something! Last Fall I went to a hutterite sale and I seem to remember them having quad strollers but I can't really remember!! I think I will see if I can get in touch with them and ask if they have any.

If you come across the link for the mennonite one, I would be interested in looking at it! Thanks