Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Expansive...
    It's a free forum. Doesn't bother me. Don't open them....it's obvious when it's garbage. Newest example, box office movie under pregnancy heading? Not that hard to ignore. Free forums have very minimal supervision, a mod is not going to sit all day waiting to snag a spammer. Would you?

IMO people come to the forum less because it's the same stuff rehashed over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderwiper View Post
    It's a free forum. Doesn't bother me. Don't open them....it's obvious when it's garbage. Newest example, box office movie under pregnancy heading? Not that hard to ignore. Free forums have very minimal supervision, a mod is not going to sit all day waiting to snag a spammer. Would you?

IMO people come to the forum less because it's the same stuff rehashed over and over.
    So because it's free it is okay is it? For morons to constantly spam? My issue is with the fact that when someone posts for advice their thread gets bumped off the home screen and they get no response. Just because something is free doesn't mean it should be of poor quality and that kind of opinion and attitude are part of the problem and reason things end up going to the dogs because people roll over and do nothing about it. It's like saying I only paid a dollar for my coffee so it's okay that it's less than mediocre. If a service isn't good then what's the point? This forum should be a pleasant experience for all and if it's sole purpose of being a forum for daycare providers and parents about childcare is suffering because spammers are constantly invading the space and causing people's threads to go unnoticed then that's just not okay. Am I supposed to just roll over and allow this to go on? So if someone "volunteers" their time to moderate the forums and isn't willing to go the distance then someone else needs to do it. If you can't do something properly don't do it at all. People come to the forum less because of all the drama Wonderwiper.....whic h hasn't been an issue of late. Less activity because members have left not just reduced the frequency in which they come due to repetitiveness.

Euphoric !
    You seem really annoyed at this Bright, so please don't bite my head off!!! LOL

However, this is my 2 cents.....as much as the spam threads are annoying, I don't really get why it's a big deal? I just click "new posts" and the posts I haven't read yet, pop up. I have a bit of OCD so I don't like to see the spam threads in bold so I click on it, see it's spam and than go back to the previous page and keep reading the new threads until I am done.

I haven't really explored this site though so maybe I am missing threads and don't even realize it?

I haven't seen much drama on here but I do agree with wonderwiper. In the short time I've been a part of this forum, I have seen many threads on the same topic. I am guilty myself of starting a topic that's probably been over done too though so I understand how/why it happens. I still really enjoy the site and the spam threads don't stop me from coming to it.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Little Monkeys View Post
    You seem really annoyed at this Bright, so please don't bite my head off!!! LOL

However, this is my 2 cents.....as much as the spam threads are annoying, I don't really get why it's a big deal? I just click "new posts" and the posts I haven't read yet, pop up. I have a bit of OCD so I don't like to see the spam threads in bold so I click on it, see it's spam and than go back to the previous page and keep reading the new threads until I am done.

I haven't really explored this site though so maybe I am missing threads and don't even realize it?

I haven't seen much drama on here but I do agree with wonderwiper. In the short time I've been a part of this forum, I have seen many threads on the same topic. I am guilty myself of starting a topic that's probably been over done too though so I understand how/why it happens. I still really enjoy the site and the spam threads don't stop me from coming to it.
    I'm really frustrated to be honest. I first hand have had threads go unnoticed due to spam so it really does drive me crazy. I also find it frustrating that people are like so what it's no big deal. That's fine you don't have to agree with me but I don't have to be quiet about it if I disagree with others opinions towards the matter. It's not personal to anyone just me venting away. I've been here since it started and within the last 6 to 12 months we have lost many original members and there have undoubtably been trouble causers on here and there are certain members who ONLY comment negatively and are harsh about it when they do.....I can look past that because we are all human and aren't going to see eye to eye all the time but this spam issue has me worked up as it's a much worse problem now. If it wasnt growing in frequency and only occasional then I could have my little temper tantrum and move on but it's really ticking me off. I am happy that it isn't effecting your quality experience here 5LM but I am also not the only one annoyed at things.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bright sparks For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Oh I totally get how you are annoyed at it. We all have things that annoy us! Just like you are voicing your opinion on the matter, so am I and others.

I guess I'm just confused....I don't understand how threads are going unnoticed? Like I said, I haven't explored the site much as I just click "new posts" so I could be missing threads and not notice. How would I know if I'm missing threads I guess is my question?

Oh I totally get how you are annoyed at it. We all have things that annoy us! Just like you are voicing your opinion on the matter, so am I and others.

I guess I'm just confused....I don't understand how threads are going unnoticed? Like I said, I haven't explored the site much as I just click "new posts" so I could be missing threads and not notice. How would I know if I'm missing threads I guess is my question?
    I suppose I just go off the most recent threads at the top right hand corner in the box.....maybe I need to change the way I go about using the website to prevent further frustrations!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bright sparks For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    I totally get the irritation. I don't like searching through to find all the spam either. However- I do not know what our version of the software is capable of- at the very least I will email our admin and ask what they think of it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mamaof4 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mamaof4 View Post
    I totally get the irritation. I don't like searching through to find all the spam either. However- I do not know what our version of the software is capable of- at the very least I will email our admin and ask what they think of it.
    Thank you so much...there were 4 posts today by the same spammer Oh my goodness lol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bright sparks For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by bright sparks View Post
    I suppose I just go off the most recent threads at the top right hand corner in the box.....maybe I need to change the way I go about using the website to prevent further frustrations!
    OHHH okay, gotcha!! Yes, that makes sense as to how the threads are getting pushed down. Try the "new posts" thing and see if that works better. It works well for me. No point in having high blood pressure over spammers lol

I used to use the right hand corner to click on new threads but it opens it up in a new window and that annoys me lol. I get your frustration haha

OHHH okay, gotcha!! Yes, that makes sense as to how the threads are getting pushed down. Try the "new posts" thing and see if that works better. It works well for me. No point in having high blood pressure over spammers lol

I used to use the right hand corner to click on new threads but it opens it up in a new window and that annoys me lol. I get your frustration haha
    LOL I'm a bit calmer now haha, had a bit of a bee in my bonnet before but now I'm trying to keep my wits about me as I have to finish my admissions letter tonight and need to keep the tone I write in balanced, no big dramatic ending because I am all wound up lol Not sure that would do me any favours...after all I'm not applying to the dramatic arts