Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Thanks you for your patience. We had a new wave of spam today. They thought that we'd let our guard down for Canada day...

Anyways... They all originated from the same Internet Service Provider in India, which is now banned from accessing the website (it wasn't on our list yet... )...
    Okay, so this is an old thread, but it seems relevant. The solution seemed to be then to block that particular ISP. So... is it possible now too?

Quote Originally Posted by kindertime View Post
    Okay, so this is an old thread, but it seems relevant. The solution seemed to be then to block that particular ISP. So... is it possible now too?
    The most recent increase in spam is from repeat offenders in some cases, not a single poster but multiple. Additionally, I think one of the most significant barriers to handling this in a timely fashion, which it currently is not in my opinion, is that it would appear that the site only has 1 admin or moderator. A lot to expect from one individual.

This needs to be handled differently. Nobody ever got back to us on how things would be handled moving forward, and here we are again, where it appears, for the most part, it is not being handled at all. The number of active members has dropped significantly and I think this is a huge turn off for many, me included.

Euphoric !
    Other forum I belong with have 5 day posting delay after create account. And if more than 3 threads reported in the new members initial months, account removed. Is something like that possible? With block IP address too?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzie_Homemaker For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by bright sparks View Post
    The most recent increase in spam is from repeat offenders in some cases, not a single poster but multiple. Additionally, I think one of the most significant barriers to handling this in a timely fashion, which it currently is not in my opinion, is that it would appear that the site only has 1 admin or moderator. A lot to expect from one individual.

This needs to be handled differently. Nobody ever got back to us on how things would be handled moving forward, and here we are again, where it appears, for the most part, it is not being handled at all. The number of active members has dropped significantly and I think this is a huge turn off for many, me included.
    The posts that have different titles and are posted by different user names but contain only a link, or multiple links to (usually) sporting events, are most probably the same person or at least the same group who want to drive traffic to their site. I still think barring new members from posting links would take care of this particular problem. I have seen this used on other forums. (Not daycare forums though) I do agree though, it is a turn off for many people.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kindertime For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    yes I agree
    I want this to be on top of all the spam that are there today so admin can see it and I hope they can do something about

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Van For This Useful Post:

Administrator Starting to feel at home... admin's Avatar
    Thanks for the suggestions! We're looking into this but it's a cat and mouse game

10. The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Damn spam. It's stealing our forum.

Starting to feel at home...
    Agreed! I haven't even checked it in days, because every time I do-the recent post box is filled with spam and I can't see legit posts.

Expansive...
    It is sooo annoying - and this thread was posted back in JUNE 2014 , 3 YEARS AGO AND IT IS STILL HAPPENING!!!!!

Expansive...
    I am sincerely sorry, I spent a few weeks in the ICU here and I wasn't checking in here. I think I've banned all the spammers