Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

Doctors note to open up a accredited dayhome?

If your accredited or with a agency, what does the physican note mean? What do they check for? Its very vague on the alberta site. Im just wondering.

Expansive...
    Not from Alberta but would assume it means you need to have a medical clearance, ie no communicable diseases etc. I worked at a daycare centre where we had to have a clear TB certificate.

Outgoing
    Yes. It's a form that your agency will give you. Basically says that you don't have any mental health or physical issues that would prevent you from caring for a child. My dr filled it out having barely liked at it, I think they get them for a host of reasons.

Shy
    Can it be any doctor? I dont have a family doctor since i just use walk in for things like flu or whatnot

Outgoing
    Not too sure. I'd just started going to my dr when I asked her to fill it out, she had no issues with it. Not sure about a walk in dr though.

Shy
    Okay thanks!

Outgoing
    I also had just started with a new dr. before asking for a dr.'s note. She asked me a few silly questions and signed the form

They want to make sure you are healthy enough for day to day care of children. They also want to make sure if you have a mental illness or disease such as diabetes or epilepsy that it is being treated and is stable.
    Your note is confidential and the information is not shared with parents. it is between you, your doctor and your agency.