Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home... Sunflower's Avatar

Educational program (ordering pre-made programs or making them ourselves)

Hi, I am curious to know how many of you make your own education program vs how many of you order them online or sign up to websites where you can print off materials from .
    When I had a group of 4-5 year olds I ordered them on-line but now I have a much younger group and don't really think it's worth it to purchase pre-made kits any more. (I still do plenty of crafts and other educational activities however )
    just wanted a second opinion lol.

Shy
    I agree with you Sunflower. Most of my daycare kids are between the ages of 1 - 3 and I have not found a program that is suitable for this age group. All the paid programs that I find online are American and don't really fit in with our routine, so I have always designed my own program. I did find a website that offers a good free curriculum. It was not suitable for me but may be useful for others. Follow the link below:

http://preschoolpalace.org/monthlycurriculum.aspx

Thanks for the link. It looks great. My oldest (5) will love it. My daycare is french , so on top of having to find good material, it has to be french lol quite an obstacle LOL
    The closest thing I found to something that worked for all ages is educatall (canadian and bilingual : )You pay a small fee for one year's subscription but you have to print and laminate your own material so it can get expensive. But they have all kinds of interesting things to choose from .I might be leaning towards that if I purchase anything again.

Euphoric !
    I have always just made my own resources. My group is also all under three as I don't take them once they start JK so developmentally our academics consists more of songs, poems, fingerpuppets, feltboard, etc and less on the crafts. I do a lot of skills based learning where we play with toys but take note of those mastering the pincer grasp or other fine motor skill that goes with the toy. All of which they will need when they are ready for the next levels. Not sure of what is out there that is French but I belong to the Ottawa support group and there is a section in our newsletter for French caregivers. Their website is www.ccprn.com

Shy
    Thank you so much for the link! My daycare has 5 children age 1 to 4 so I've been getting craft ideas and putting together my own circle time songs myself but I really like this link and intend to use it!

Starting to feel at home...
    www.confessionsofahomeschooler.com has an incredible preschool curriculum that you can download for free or all together for $10. It's her Letter of the Week curriculum and it's really great.

Thank you all for the links ! Off to check them out .....

Starting to feel at home...
    Great links! Thanks!

I do music time the most with the little ones...we have a piano and guitar and enjoy using both. Kids learn a lot through song. Activity/movement songs, spelling songs, manners songs, lol. We have a song for everything. We also enjoy crafts, cooking and gardening, as a group. But no formal curriculum.
    ~ Mama to 4, Dayhome provider ~

These are great links!
    One that I use a lot is www.childcareland.com There are a lot of useful free printable ideas.
    I would love to find complete themes to purchase though. Any ideas?