Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...

Anyone use Excel or Access for bookkeeping?

I have all my info from my families on paper and I'm ready to put it on my computer for security reasons and to keep track of expenses, income, child info, etc..

I'm not sure where to start! What do you do to keep organized? Did you create your own bookkeeping forms or download them? Do you keep the info on paper? I still might go with daycare software but would like to do it myself if I can come up with a set plan. I'm a little particular.

I'd appreciate any advice.

A

I have an excel spreadsheet that I use for my bookkeeping. I also keep a papertrail of printed forms and whatnot in my filing cabinet. If you'd like I can send you my spreadsheet...pm me your email.
    ~ Mama to 4, Dayhome provider ~

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Emilys4Guppies For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home... Tot-Time's Avatar
    I use Microsoft office for everything! This allows me to sync my documents to my cell phone if I happen to need the document when I am not at home. On my cell I keep the basics so I don't have to carry a physical copy of my handbook, my interview questions, all the children's emergency information (in the contact area under the parent that I am to call first), pictures of the child if there was ever an emergency and I have started to keep pictures of my daycare too just in case I ever have an inquiry while we are out and about, our field trip budget, etc.

So to break it down, I have my attendance forms and documents in word, my income and expense statements in excel, my interview notes in one note, and my emergency and contract information and calendar in outlook. I think I should get royalties or shares to promote Microsoft Office, lol. I love the ability to sync my phone with office. I am just starting to use one note, but the amazing thing is how it can keep several different types of documents organized in one location like a filing cabinet.
    ~*~ Nicole's Tot-Time Daycare ~*~
    www.nicolestot-time.com

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tot-Time For This Useful Post:

Hi Emily can you please send me a sample of your spreadsheet to friendlyexplorers@gm ail.com. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Emilys4Guppies View Post
    I have an excel spreadsheet that I use for my bookkeeping. I also keep a papertrail of printed forms and whatnot in my filing cabinet. If you'd like I can send you my spreadsheet...pm me your email.
    Hi Emily. I would also appreciate it if you would please send me a copy of your spreadsheet to samsdaycare@hotmail. com - Thank you.
    Momx3

I was wondering if you all would mind sharing this spreadsheet? I have spend hours and hours trying to come up with something to track attendance and income and I just can't come up with anything usable!

Thanks

Hi Emilys4Guppies
    I've just recently started my own home daycare and as many other providers on here.. I'm struggling with how to bookkeep! Would you be so kind to share your document with me?
    My email address is jenniferbergsma@hotm ail.ca
    Thanks in advance,
    Jennifer

Hi Tot-Time!
    I've just recently started my own home daycare and as many other providers on here.. I'm struggling with how to bookkeep! Would you be so kind to share your document with me?
    My email address is jenniferbergsma@hotm ail.ca
    Thanks in advance,
    Jennifer

Euphoric !
    I am soooo old school LOL. I have all my policies and contract online and send those to the parents to read before we meet but than I have all my forms printed out and they sign them and I put those into folders. When they leave, I give them all their info back except for my copy of the contract.

I keep all my receipts in envelopes and 3-4x a year I add them all up and at the end of the year I add up those 3-4 totals to get my grand total for each area. Then I give all that to my tax preparer and she does my taxes for me.

I have a payment sheet for each family and every payday, I mark down how much they paid, how they paid (cash or cheque) and we both initial it. Then at year end I add that up and give them a receipt.

I am technology stupid (and I'm only 27 LOL) and prefer to do things on paper.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Shy
    Not sure if this is what you are looking for but try www.thedaycarelady.com. It was lots of document examples including expense and income ones and more. And it's all free.