Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 Little Monkeys View Post
    I am soooo old school LOL. I have all my policies and contract online and send those to the parents to read before we meet but than I have all my forms printed out and they sign them and I put those into folders. When they leave, I give them all their info back except for my copy of the contract.

I keep all my receipts in envelopes and 3-4x a year I add them all up and at the end of the year I add up those 3-4 totals to get my grand total for each area. Then I give all that to my tax preparer and she does my taxes for me.
    I do the same and so far has worked fine. The only differences is I that file my own income taxes and that I give receipts to parents for every payment and I keep a carbon copy of all payments and at year end I add all the income. I am currently using excel only for tracking attendance and for my assistant's payroll, but next year I am planning on stop using the carbon copies and add parents payments to my excel program (to be more efficient). I will still keep children information/forms in paper. My policies and related info are in my webpage and accessible to clients only.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Artsand crafts For This Useful Post:

Hi there. I was just wondering as well about the book keeping aspect of my home daycare. I have excel as well but cant seem to figure out how to set it up. If you have any advice or could passably send me an example spreadsheet i wohld appreciate it. Thank you.

Like others I am an old school pen, paper and envelope kinda gal. I have a diary which I record attendance in, and the rest is shoved in a zippy and organised quarterly.

Outgoing
    I hope this helps, if you go online go to www.ccprn.com I have taken worshops with them about taxes etc. And they generously provided us with a excel program designed for homedaycares. (Send an email, I'm sure they will be able to help you out by facilitating the Excell program)

It has different pages ins and outs of a homedaycare. I'm not a computer wizard but what I do is, at the beginning of the year I print the forms. Keep it in my daycare daily journal and fill them up with pencil at any convenient time. Payments basically then I just place this inf. In the computer any given month and by the end of the year I'm able to print the accounting pages attached with my monthly bills. My accountant really appreciates all this done. My receipts are also easy to print. The program keeps track of the totals so, when I have children leaving it is easy to print a receipt.

I was also able to customize the pages as i needed.

You can go with MS Excel and Visual Basic if you know Excel formulas properly. I am not that much expert. For our daycare agency we are using online bookkeeping services from ZipBooks. This one is free. Some other pricey solutions are Quickbooks, Sage etc.