Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Expansive...

Good morning Ontario Liberals....

Well, here we go ladies!! I would think the budget will be the first thing on the agenda so we shall see how long it takes for our favorite bill to come around.

Happy Friday everyone!!

Euphoric !
    It's a sad day for Ontario home daycare providers and parents who will be going back to work next year and looking for spaces for their infants. To all of them who voted Liberal, I bet they don't know they just caused themselves a lot of grief!
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Yup I don't feel sorry at all for anybody who voted those assholes in..... 11 years of corruption and counting and she's going to do exactly what hudak said he was going to do only he was upfront and honest about ..... It's what needs to be done in order for Ontario not to become the Canadian Detroit .....because she got a majority there no one stopping her from doing anything so there's only one thing left for us to do and that's bend over and take it up the ass
    Last edited by Crayola kiddies; 06-13-2014 at 08:39 AM.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Crayola kiddies For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I felt absolutely ill when I found out last night....then didn't sleep My boyfriend got an impressive rant at 11pm then I stewed for hours. Yep, I expect our bill should be making an appearance in the next couple of months. Apparently, though, it goes back to the beginning of the process, which is kind of excellent.

I'm sure some of you are on the FB group against 143? How does everyone feel about trying to organize groups in each area and becoming one big group in the end? It just feels very scattered right now, everyone's confused and there's more than a little panic. Maybe it's a good time to band together, one region at a time?

Euphoric !
    Cfred .....wynne has a majority .... She doesn't have to listen to anybody for 4 years ....

Oh man, f**k this sucks, sorry ladies:S

Euphoric !
    What's done is done as they say and time to move on.....well maybe after a weekend of complaining and crying and fretting ....then..

What is being discussed on some of the facebook groups is about basically writing our own document about how we want to be governed, organized, how we want home daycare in Ontario to be done and then presenting that to the liberals for consideration rather than just telling them the parts we dont' want.

Other provinces have direct registration and avoid the hassles of agencies and we should have the right too for starters.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    From what I understand, the bill goes back to the beginning of the process, so there's still time to sort it out. I'm not willing to just give in and take whatever shit that party throws at us. I do believe, however, that we need to be a smidge more aggressive. There's a little talk of the possibility of an unannounced, province wide, 1 day strike. That'd get their attention, I think. Take our angry asses to Queen's Park for a day, while 80% of the province's families scramble for childcare or take a day off work. I kind of feel that it might send a message. We'd actually get press there.....no one wants to be a jerk, but surely most of our clients would understand the necessity of the action after the fact.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cfred For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Yes, Playfelt, I like that as well. I don't have the strongest feeling that they're going to listen to us though. They've not been terribly receptive in the past. It might take a little more to get their attention.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to cfred For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    My biggest hope is that they take until Spring to make it official and my crew is all over age 2. Otherwise I'm screwed and lose pretty much my whole group (all five are 13-18months now).

I hold hope it takes until spring...and that all my current families decide they are perfectly happy with only one child and none go on mat leave and none decide to change anything lol. If I can stay status quo until they all hit kindergarten we are good.

All of that is a dream of course.