Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Expansive...

Searching for waterproof art/water play smocks

Hello all,
    My crew does alot of water play and messy art activities. I have been searching for months for good quality water proof smocks with full-length arms. I purchased some from Scholars Choice at about $10 a piece, and they lasted about 1 month and then shredded. They wouldn't refund me as daycare use was deemed to be beyond normal wear and tear on the product. I'm seriously frustrated and out about $65 with shipping/tax etc. I don't mind paying $10-12 a smock, but I'd like to get about 1-2 yrs out of them. Any suggestions for GOOD QUALITY water proof ones? Thanks.

Expansive...
    I got mine at ikea!! They are vinyl I think. Green, full sleeves and really long. Have had them for years!

Starting to feel at home...
    I buy the ikea ones, I do have to replace them more often but they are cheap.

Euphoric !
    I got a couple long sleeved ones from Walmart. I think they were $5 or $10 each. I find they are too big for my crew and haven't found any smaller ones so when we paint or do water inside, they do it in their diapers or shirtless. Water outside is done in bathing suits.

I keep meaning to go to a second hand store and buy long sleeved shirts and just cut them down the back and attach a piece of Velcro. They will get stained but it won't matter and I can just wash them in the washer.

Expansive...
    I use the bibs from likes too...come in a 2 pack for $5. They are not waterproof but are food proof! I throw them in the washer and they hold up really well.

The green painting smocks are waterproof. I like that they are really long...like a full body cover for my little ones!

My Ikea ones have lasted 4 years of daily use. I throw them in the washer, but hang to dry. Another idea is to just pick up some cheap t-shirts (Value-Village/second hand?) in a big size to keep at daycare to throw over what they have on.
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Euphoric !
    I'll have to check out ikea this weekend,....I don't mind if there long but it's the width, my kids are so tiny lol

Expansive...
    Oh yeah...my dd is a wee little runt ha ha! The smock is floor length on her. I made a little belt with two strips of Velcro which chinches it in!

Euphoric !
    Thanks..I think I will just buy second hand shirts instead. I find when they are too bulky it makes more of a mess lol

Expansive...
    I use the Kushies or Bumkins long sleeved waterproof bibs for painting smocks for my littler ones. I got mine at Toys R Us. They aren't bulky at all and give full coverage..