Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

Ideas for outings with older kids

I will be caring for older kids as well as my younger kids for the summer break. My older kids are ten and a half, 2 eight yr olds and my own (almost) seven year old. I also have my own three and a half year old who will be tagging along. What are some low cost/no cost things to do/places to go? I have parents permission to drive them in my van, as i stay local for outings. So far I have come up with library/rec centres, parks, playgrounds, indoor play centres, splash pads (not pools) out for ice cream/ mcDonalds. Any other ideas are appreciated. Hoping to switch it up a little.

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyPrincess View Post
    I will be caring for older kids as well as my younger kids for the summer break. My older kids are ten and a half, 2 eight yr olds and my own (almost) seven year old. I also have my own three and a half year old who will be tagging along. What are some low cost/no cost things to do/places to go? I have parents permission to drive them in my van, as i stay local for outings. So far I have come up with library/rec centres, parks, playgrounds, indoor play centres, splash pads (not pools) out for ice cream/ mcDonalds. Any other ideas are appreciated. Hoping to switch it up a little.
    That already sounds like a lot to me! It might help if you let us know where you live.

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by Fun&care View Post
    That already sounds like a lot to me! It might help if you let us know where you live.
    I live in the Greater Toronto area

Outgoing
    I am taking my kids berry picking this month. There is also art classes for older kids where I live. There is all sorts of farm that we can visit for free as well but I am very rural. You can do museums some libraries offer passes sometimes for free. I often buy outing off of groupon to save a few dollars on entrance. Some local fairs offer free entry to children. At least they do in my area. I think you already have a lot of options with what you listed.

Outgoing
    Thanks I think so too but i like the new suggestions i have been given so far.

Outgoing
    What about Centre island, or the beaches