Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Are you getting more children?

I have wonderful families but what I find annoying is that when I have low enrolment parents are so concern and they ask if I will get more children I don't like explaining because I get the question from each parent constantly even from parents who are leaving at the end of the month like what? I don't have magic and enroll a child right away it takes time! Does this ever happen to you? I feel I have to please them. and I don't like the feeling!

Euphoric !
    Some parents enroll their children in daycare for socialization so I can understand why some would ask. They also probably ask because it's just human nature to want to know what is going on, especially when your child is involved. They are likely curious and want to know if their child will be having a new friend to play with. Some will be asking just because they are nosey!! Even when I worked in centres, we had parents ask where so and so was.

If you don't like explaining it, just say something like " So and so has moved on and I am now looking at filling their space. If you know someone needing care please send them my way"

I started doing a monthly newsletter last Fall and when children leave or start at daycare, I mention it briefly in the newsletter. This way I'm not explaining to the all the parents (only the ones that ask further questions) and they know what is going on at the dc their child attends. I have a small group and the parents all talk and their children are quite close so when one leaves, it's no secret anyways.

Outgoing
    I have been asked that before and i am honest about it. If i am not looking for more kids, i tell them no. If i am looking for more, i tell them yes because I am legally allowed to have x amount of children and if i have the opportunity to look after more, then i will.