Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    Check out the childcare providers network and look into their childcare connection meetings where parents needing care and caregivers with spaces can meet up and they are free. www.ccprn.com
    Worth the $25 yearly membership for the resources they offer. This website daycarebear has been great. Other places to advertise are www.usedottawa.com - look under services - childcare. Also list at www.kijiji.ca. Make sure Ottawa is selected as the city and then list under services - childcare. I live in the east end in Orleans.

Shy
    I had the same trouble when I first opened interviewed a great family perfect hours as she was a teacher interview was great very positive but she called and said she changed her mind as I didn't have enough kids ( I had my 1 full timer and my 3 yr old son) now my latest trouble ..another great interview perfect hours but the kids I have are 2 young " please call me if you get some older ones " she says can't seem to catch a break ! something needs to give soon

Shy
    It is a terrible feeling to get rejected when you feel things went so well! Unfortunately I got used to it and stopped getting my hopes up after, what I thought, was a good interview. Hopefully mamaball you catch a break and find a great family, they really make all the difference!

Oddly enough I finally caught a break! A family I interviewed way back that decided to go with a more established daycare with more children had major problems with them and called me back to see if I have openings still. We did a trial as per the moms request and she offically started the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. Last Friday I signed up 2 family's and now I only have 1 part-time space left to fill and I have an interview for it tomorrow!

It is extremley discouraging to get rejected and feel like you are doing something wrong. Posting on this forum actually made me feel better by talking to other providers and getting all the frustrations of my chest! Thanks ladies for the kind words and advice!

Shy
    what great news!

I am sort of in the same position of starting up, which might deter some parents. I have NO children in my care except my own children (3 of them are in full time school and my youngest is in jr kindergarten only 2.5hrs per day). I had 2 interviews last week and 3 more this coming week but they are looking for care in the Spring (March-June)! I am only looking to take on 2 kids, maybe 3 but I'd like to fill up at least 1 spot right now. Its extremely frustrating!

oh and thank you to Playfelt! You reminded me about the CCPRN's Child Care Connection meeting and there's one tonight!