Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    Good for you! Good luck. Don't forget though that if they are ticked enough and end up pulling their child out then they are the type of family who will continue to try and use you in the future so don't be too upset (although I am sure they won't leave but you never know - people can be funny sometimes!).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mickyc For This Useful Post:

FSD

Starting to feel at home... FSD's Avatar
    I will let you all know how it turns out!! I too don't think they'll pull out, but yeah, you just never know.....

Starting to feel at home...
    I wouldn't do it FSD!! I totally understand that you said yes, I did too once. This DCP asked me during my summer holidays, if I would still take her boy because she didnt have any back up. I agreed (stupid me) Well the one day he didn't come until lunch time anyways (noon) so in the morning I took my kids to the pet store to get them some fish for their bedrooms. we got back home just before 11, and she was waiting in the driveway. I said "I don't remember you telling me you needed to bring him earlier?" and she said "Oh I didn't but I have a lunch date with a friend" which did not impress me, then she picked up about a half hour early and I comented that she got off early? (hubby usally picked up those days) and she said "Oh no, I didn't work today I went out for lunch with a girlfriend"....Nice! NOT! I will never do it again, and if someone wanted to try to feed me a said story, I will tell them that charge double rates if I work on my vacation days (and if you charge for your vacation days off, make it triple!) Honestly it is really disrepectful
    that they would even ask!

Euphoric !
    Ha ha, good idea - if it happens next time say I charge $100 a day (or whatever total you want) to work on my holiday time. That will shut them up lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mickyc For This Useful Post:

FSD

Outgoing
    Have to agree....'WHO WOULD ASK THEIR DAYCARE PROVIDER TO WATCH THEIR CHILD....KNOWING FULL WELL IT'S YOUR VACATION TIME'....am I missing something? I don't even get it!!! I have been put on the spot for other requests before and kicked myself after but honestly....I can't figure where this lady is even coming from

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sandylynn For This Useful Post:

FSD

Starting to feel at home... FSD's Avatar
    OK...so I just got off the phone with dad and explained to him how I really needed my vacation time, offered him a couple names of some daycare providers in the area who are willing to take their LO for those days, and it went well! I could hear a bit of disappointment in his voice, but he was good. Phew....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FSD For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Awesome!! So glad it worked out well

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mickyc For This Useful Post:

FSD

So she had the baby a few days ago, but asked you for care at the end of your vacation in 2.5 weeks? Surely the hardest part of her recovery will be over by then. That doesn't even make any sense.

I'd decline as well.

Sorry...I just read that it got sorted. Good for you!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to kimg For This Useful Post:

FSD