Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Summer months low enrolment.

Hi, everyone

I should be happy that I'll have a little relax summer time and spend time with my own children and a quiet home for the summer, but I don't know I don't feel ok.
    I was doing fairly well with four children, and a new one coming all of the sudden the new one parent's decided to take him out after two weeks due to helping the grandma with extra money, then one of the other children, mom is expecting a baby so she left now I have three boys for the summer but one of the boys doesn't come to daycare on Friday's so I have only two boys on Friday and they're brothers one is 2 half years old and the other child is 14 months. Mom asked me o you have only boys for the summer I said yes only boys. But I feel bad that the brothers don't have nobody to play on Fridays and I hope the mom understands my situation she just started on June and I had the older boy before in my care, the parents loved it here so I shouldn't worry to much but I still do, my vacations are coming out soon so I'm not filling any spots at this time until August and Sept please any advice to start feeling better. thanks

Euphoric !
    So your concern is that the kids won't have anyone to play with? What about your own kids? It sounds like this is more your concern then the parents? I would just turn it around as a positive. E.g. This will give us lot's of opportunities for 1:1 time and give us the chance to do a lot of fun activities that would be difficult to do with a large group. Talk about your plans to visit parks etc often so there will be lot's of opportunities to play with lot's of kids. I wouldn't worry about it. If the mom asks about the empty spots mention you are waiting to fill the spot until Sept for the above reasons.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to torontokids For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    Thank you, I tend to focus and worry on the negative side sometimes, and I failed to see the positive, I need to start by thinking everything will be ok, my child is 8 years old and he is very friendly with the young ones, we'll have more time to spend outdoors for sure, yes I had the opportunity to mention that I'm filling spots by Sept so the parents are aware I think I'm just thinking for nothing.

Thanks