Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Euphoric !
    Good for you Bright Sparks. I have to say I am drowning in my rut and negativity lately!! lol. My poor husband even asked me if I was ragging today! LOL

We had our basement flood with sewer and water last week. We had to take our house of the market (not sure if we will bother putting it back on or not). Daycare has been moved upstairs (not ideal!). It is going to take a month or two to get everything redone. Carpets and drywall have already been ripped out now just waiting to hear back from insurance so we can start the renos. I am excited to redecorate my basement space but not excited for all the work we have ahead of us. I plan on taking the opportunity move things around and make things a little better. I am also very excited about putting flooring in instead of carpet.

Summer is going to be pretty basic and full of free play here. All of my stuff is currently stored in my shed. I am really looking forward to having 5 days off too!
    Last edited by mickyc; 06-26-2014 at 01:29 PM.

Starting to feel at home...
    That sounds great, good for you for staying positive! I'm intrigued by the sensory wall...are there pictures you can post?

27 providers, wow! Are you in the GTA??

Quote Originally Posted by Lee-Bee View Post
    What do the fire department do when they come through? Is this something they typically volunteer to do (when asked)? I'd be interested just out of curiosity as to what they would say about my place!!
    I'll let you know once I get a call back with the specifics.

Quote Originally Posted by kimg View Post
    That sounds great, good for you for staying positive! I'm intrigued by the sensory wall...are there pictures you can post?

27 providers, wow! Are you in the GTA??
    I am in Niagara Region...a pretty small town too. When I lived in Burlington there were over 70 providers registered with the Halton Childcare Providers Association in the city and lots who weren't, not to say they all had vacancies though and I never had as hard a time filling my spots as this last year.

Quote Originally Posted by mickyc View Post
    Good for you Bright Sparks. I have to say I am drowning in my rut and negativity lately!! lol. My poor husband even asked me if I was ragging today! LOL

We had our basement flood with sewer and water last week. We had to take our house of the market (not sure if we will bother putting it back on or not). Daycare has been moved upstairs (not ideal!). It is going to take a month or two to get everything redone. Carpets and drywall have already been ripped out now just waiting to hear back from insurance so we can start the renos. I am excited to redecorate my basement space but not excited for all the work we have ahead of us. I plan on taking the opportunity move things around and make things a little better. I am also very excited about putting flooring in instead of carpet.

Summer is going to be pretty basic and full of free play here. All of my stuff is currently stored in my shed. I am really looking forward to having 5 days off too!
    I remember your posts Mickyc and that just plain sucks!! I have the next 5 days off and I am so glad...I am just drained with a multitude of things

Quote Originally Posted by bright sparks View Post
    I am in Niagara Region...a pretty small town too. When I lived in Burlington there were over 70 providers registered with the Halton Childcare Providers Association in the city and lots who weren't, not to say they all had vacancies though and I never had as hard a time filling my spots as this last year.
    No kidding, I'm in the Niagara region as well!! I don't know why that makes me excited, but it does!

No kidding, I'm in the Niagara region as well!! I don't know why that makes me excited, but it does!
    lol Which town/city?

Quote Originally Posted by bright sparks View Post
    lol Which town/city?
    Grimsby, you?

Grimsby, you?
    Yup. ..the same

Expansive...
    Sound great !!!! I love it hearing your enthusiasm and plans !!
    I know the feeling about multiple dayhomes !!! Good grief all moms this summer seem to have "opened a dayhome " I also love some of the wording of the ads , "are you looking for affordable "care !!!!! Sooo , I am charging pretty high , the normal and they are advertising $20-$25 a day !!!
    I was worried about it as well !! But have reassurance from my dcm that my set up is really interesting and impressive .
    I'm learning that lesson of one day at a time !! Not worrying about filling spots ! ( I hope it lasts too !!) lol
    I am happy you have figured out your plans !!!