Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Most of my clients know to knock first. Even if the front door is open and the screen door is shut. They need to ring the daycare doorbell. I've had clients in the past just walk right in, so for those repeat offenders I lock the door when I'm expecting them.

I have an open door policy, but that does not mean "open the door and walk right in without announcing yourself first" it means they may come in to the daycare space and make themselves comfortable, spend a few minutes with your child, etc. My husband and daughters would not be to pleased if client just walked into our home!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Other Mummy For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I would have no problem with it. I have open door policy and parents can just walk in, anytime, and make themselves comfortable. Actually, I quite enjoy it and we usually have a little visit. I do ask, though, that they not do this at nap time, for obvious reasons. Everyone's been good about that, but at the end of the day, they just come right in. Sometimes they stay by the door and sometimes they come right into the daycare to look at the art work, play with the other kids or for a little chat. I have two mums on mat leave who will even stay for a little visit in the morning sometimes. Because of the Mothers' Dinners I do, they all know each other and each other's children, so it's really quite a nice thing that they have a chance to catch up here when they cross paths. Sometimes, if we're having a late afternoon circle, they'll sit down and join us for that. I love having the parents come and go freely. It makes them feel involved and welcome and I see the appreciation.
    Last edited by cfred; 07-03-2014 at 08:12 AM.