Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home... FSD's Avatar

Part Timers and My Vacation

Hello!! I have a dcm who is a nurse so her schedule is all over the place. We agreed that they pay for a minimum of 12 days a month and if they go over that amount of days, they pay for it (I keep track). It's been great ~ no issues. Anyways, I'm about to go on vacation (PRAISE THE LORD!!), and dcd was asking about payment this month. I'm going to be closed for a total of 7 days. I told him that since I'm still available to take their child for 12 plus days in July, their regular payment is due. Am I right? They often send their child in on days even when she's not working, especially if it's a month where her work schedule only adds up to 9 days care. Just looking for some advice here. Thanks a bunch!!

Shy
    Absolutely right! If they were on a set schedule then I could maybe see them not having to pay but they are on a flex schedule so the full 12 days are due whether they choose to use the days or not.

Outgoing
    That's a tough situation. I can see both sides of it. If it was me, I would likely offer a 1 day discount or something. The one day wouldn't make a big difference in my income, and it would likely be enough that the parents would feel better.

Shy
    That is the price they pay for 'on call' care. Sometimes it seems unfair to the parent, but they are taking up a spot in your daycare, and only coming occasionally.

I have a family that calls the night before to arrange care since the husbands work is very last minute. But I am really tough on them when they ask for 1/2 day rates. He'll pick up at the 5 hr mark after I have fed lunch, and expect a 1/2 day, but I won't do that for them when I am already dropping everything for them the night before and expecting a full day's pay.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to playandlearnhere For This Useful Post:

FSD

Euphoric !
    If it was me I would take 31 (amount of days in a month) divide by 12 days (they attend per month) = 2.58. So they would average 2.5 days per week. If you were closed for 7 of those 31 days I would charge them for 10 days that month instead of the 12.

That is what I would charge them.