Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Euphoric !

TGIF of a LONG weekend!!

So as I've mentioned in another thread, I have had bronchitis this week. It started last Thursday/Friday. I went to a doctor on Friday and told it was nothing. I went to a different doctor on Saturday and was told it was just a viral thing, didn't need meds as it just needed to run it's course and I wasn't contagious. So I worked on Monday. Tuesday, I send home 2 children. One for a fever and one for vomiting. The fever child goes to the doctor that day and has a viral bronchial infection. Mom texts me and says I should ask the other child to go to the doctor as well. I tell her I will go to my own doctor as well because I feel guilty that I spread my illness!! I go to my own doctor the next morning and have bronchitis. The fever child also goes back to the doctor and now has croup on top of his bronchial infection. I text vomiting child's mom and tell her all of this. She says she will take him later that day.

I text all the other parents and give the med update on myself and fever boy. My only girl's parents decide to pull her on Wednesday afternoon for the rest of the week because they have big plans for the weekend and don't want her sick. Yayy!! One of the part time boy's left Thursday at noon for a 2 week vacation...yaa!! My fever boy and vomiting boy (who also has bronchitis) are away today sick so I only have one child. It's also his last day here before mom starts summer holidays and than her mat leave.

I woke up feeling not too bad!! The cough is still here but I slept okay and have some energy He's not coming until 9 so I have some time to enjoy my coffee and browse online. Great way to start this day!! Than we have some yard sales we are going to go too and than a trip to walmart. I know, it's not that exciting for a child but I didn't know what else to do with just one child haha. Luckily his mom is a big yard saler too and he likes shopping so he will have fun and maybe we will even find him a "new" toy

I took Monday off unpaid and than off Tuesday with the holiday so I am super excited that it looks like I may be feeling not too bad for my 4 days off! (I was pretty bitter that I would be sick for my long weekend earlier this week lol) Hope you all have a great Friday and an even better long weekend!!!

Outgoing
    Have a great weekend. My boy that's leaving for the summer got picked up early, and he's only coming back part time in September while his mom is on maternity leave. So I feel a bit sad now that he's gone, like I missed a whole afternoon of him. Logically I shouldn't care, because it was just lunch and nap that he missed, but I still didn't feel ready.
    I also have monday off. On Wednesday, my new summer kids start. So although I'm excited about the long weekend, I'm also quite nervous about starting a bunch of summer kids.

Euphoric !
    Aww, I know what you mean! It's hard to say goodbye earlier than expected, even if it is just a few hours earlier.

I hope the transition of summer kids goes alright!! Are they older or younger kids?

Outgoing
    On Wednesday, it's a 1year old boy with his three year old sister. And then the following week another 1 year old boy. There was supposed to be a one year old girl start on June 30, but she found somewhere that was more permanent that the summer spot I offered.
    It's only the 3 year old sister I'm worried about. Although I'm sure if I let myself think more about it, I would start worrying about how the one year olds are going to adjust to everything too.

Euphoric !
    At least the one 1 year old will have his sister for comfort. I am sure it will go fine! I find summer easier to transition because the outdoor activities are usually more fun and it's MUCH easier to get them all outside on top of the transitioning.

Expansive...
    I'm so excited for this weekend too! We're having 2 big parties for my 4 yrs old (the one you voted for!), and then doing absolutely NOTHING but enjoying eachother for the extra 2 days off. And today is my big girls' last day of school so it will be nice to have her home!
    Glad you're feeling better and can enjoy your time off!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lou For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Thanks 5LM, I'm hoping it goes smoothly. I shouldn't say things like this, since it's probably going to jinx me. I've had really smooth transitions with the kids I've taken so far. I hope it continues but this little girl is so shy, I'm really not sure how it will go.
    On the other hand, I got a gift from one of the kids going away for the summer. It's full of wine, candy, and chocolate. So that should help with any stress I encounter next week. (if any of it makes it to next week, lol)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to superfun For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Glad your feeling better 5lm !!
    I lucked out and everybody took the Monday off !! So I only work Wednesday next week !!! Yay !!!
    Had a family give notice Friday so back to trying to fill 2 spots for Monday - Wednesday ugh !!! This will be difficult but I'm going to enjoy my long weekend !! Dd is turning six !!! Having a pony party !!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Secondtimearound For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I had a rough conversation with a parent yesterday which than continued again today. I am now down a child and am hoping it fills quickly!! I am on my way to straighten the final details out with the mom and I am not looking forward to it. UGh!!!!

Hope the long weekend picks up from here!

Outgoing
    Not a long weekend for me, I am working Monday. But I have Tuesday off.