Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Vacation at beginning of the contract

Hello everyone. Can you help me with an issue, please ?

I joined my daycare jun 1st and she provided me one month contract only (06/01 - 07/01). After that I told the daycare that I could renew until august 31st that is my ending date for sure.

At Thursday she asked me about vacation payment and I prompt paid, but the problem is that the vacation begins next Monday. I didn't know.

I cannot wait two weeks because I work and I need another daycare.

I don't have any receipts (signed but didn't receive any copy). And I don't have the extension contract copy yet.

At the first contract there is no date specified.

Is there anyway I can cancel the new contract? What do I have to pay? Can she refuse to give my documentation to change for another daycare until the end of the vacation?

Thank you so much,

Shy
    Is there a cancellation policy in the original contract? Is her vacation 2 weeks or 1 week? She can't really withhold paperwork or receipts if you choose to withdraw and go to another daycare. You may want to look and see if you can find alternate care before you say anything to her that way if you can't find someone else you haven't burned a bridge. I would say that you should give her at least 2 weeks notice if you do decide to go with someone else. Good luck.