Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Expansive...

Daycare Provider Needed in Toronto for Temporary Maternity Leave

This is a temporary position to take over my home daycare while I take some time off with my new baby (due in early October). Starting immediately until mid September, hours will be part- time; Starting with 10 hours per week and steadily progressing to full time. In mid September candidate will fully take over the daycare (8:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday). When the baby arrives, I will be taking two weeks off in which time the candidate will care for a small amount of children (in one of my client's homes). After that two weeks, I will need the daycare fully operated in my home for a minimum of three months caring for four to five children. When I am ready to return to work the hours will steadily decrease until I am once again able to run the daycare interdependently.

I run a strict educational program and need someone who is able to learn quickly and run the daycare according to the guidelines I set. Candidate must be comfortable working while I am in the home and able to take instruction on the fly if needed.

Successful Candidate will:
    - Have an educational background or equivalent with children (ECE, CYW, ECA)
    - Have first aid, CPR, ,and a valid criminal reference check (or willing to obtain in a timely manner)
    - Be great with small children ages one to three yeas of age.
    - Be able to appropriately disciple children's inappropriate behaviour
    - Have tons of patience
    - Able to multi-task
    - Able to work with, teach, and meet the needs of a maximum of five of varying ages
    - Willing to learn and accept instruction and constructive criticism
    - Be comfortable working in a home environment with owner present
    - Be able to follow written and verbal instruction and remember most previous instruction.
    - Be able to work in a fast-paced environment
    - Able to clean up after themselves and children
    - Able to fluently speak and read English

Have you tried Kijiji? This is where I usually get my assistants from, but I don't ask for ECE, ECA, etc. since they are most of the time under my close supervision, and they are much more expensive if you want them to last

I'm also closing for 2 weeks, all parents have made alternate arrangements during that time. After that my assistant will take over under my supervision for a few months. I also have educational program included some part of the day, but I have made it easy for anybody to run it without needing a higher degree or too much work.

Expansive...
    Yeah I have ads everywhere. I just saw that you could post here so I did.

Thanks for the suggestions. I need someone who I can trust to take the kids out in the community and I dont plan on being around all the time so I'd rather pay for the higher education. I want things run as close to the way I would run it myself and I'm able to afford rates.

my last assistant didn't work out (after almost 4 months of painful instruction) and I'm now almost 7 months pregnant so I need someone who comes with a certain skill set already in place

Expansive...
    Maybe you could try posting at George Brown etc. where they offer the ece program. Maybe a new grad would be a good fit!

Hi,
    Experienced baby sitter and home day care for all ages of kids.
    I am loving and caring with smoke and pet free home. Reasonable rlat / Hourly Rates available (starting as low as $4 / hour)
    Call me whenever you in need 905 426 7717. (Pickering / Brock Road / William Jackson Drive / Liatris Drive / Misthollow Drive / Dersan St.)Major intersection is brock and rosselan.

Visits: 29