Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Expansive...
    If Christmas falls on a Sat then anyone in an office will get the Friday or Monday off. I think this is up to the employer. Just find out which day the majority of your daycare parents are taking and consider it your stat! Last year they both fell on the Sat & 90 % of my parents got the monday off! I think Gov't employees got the Fiday & Monday.

Euphoric !
    Funny enough, my hubby and I were JUST talking about this! I took a look at the calendar, and based on the fact that I get paid for stats and also have the ability to take a certain number of days off with pay; I will be off the entire week between Christmas and New Years with pay, and only need to take 2 days from my "holidays".
    The only thing I am not sure about is how soon to announce that.... Last year it worked out that I had almost 2 weeks off (paid) and didn't have to take a single day "off"!! Every single one of my families was off at that time last year, and kept their kids with them. It was awesome, lol. So if that works out this year, then, I don't want to announce that I am taking holiday time unless I have to, know what I mean?
    Hmmmm. Don't want to leave it too long, either. That's no fair to the parents.

It's becoming more common for providers to be able to take off time with pay. Most working people do...) In my contract this year I have allowed myself 15 days per year to take off days with pay for sickness, doctors appt, and holidays. So I am taking one week paid at Christmas, and one week paid in the summer, which then allows for other days throughout the year.

I give parents four weeks written notice.

Starting to feel at home...
    Wow! In Sudbury the common practice is unpaid stats and holidays. We get zip for any time we take off. I think if I started charging I'd lose new clients to providers who don't charge for it.
    I always take the week between Christmas and New Year off - without pay. I give the parents all of my holidays in February.