Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mr. Beebs?

Mr. Beebs?

Anyone else get an email from a certain Johnson Beebs looking for care because he is relocating? Sounds like a scam to me...

Hi everyone, I've been in the daycare business for approx. 20 years and have just made friends with technology, lol. I just want to warn everyone about another scam email that I received this morning from a Mr. Beebs who wants to place their 3 yr. old son in my daycare and wants to register him now before they return to Canada. DO NOT reply to this email, it is a money laundering operation, you tell them how much you charge and they send you a cheque for too much money, you cash the cheque and return to them the overpayment, the return of the overpayment is where the money laundering comes in and you are now involved in it. This is the second one I've been sent in the last 6 months. Be aware of any parent who does not meet you first before they register their children with you.

I hope this will stop anyone for falling for this old scam.

Have a great day.

Deb
    Last edited by mamaof4; 06-14-2014 at 12:47 PM.

Euphoric !
    Yes it's a scam

Euphoric !
    Yup, got one this morning.

Outgoing
    me too, this morning

Expansive...
    I thought this post was going to be about Justin Bieber, lol

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lou For This Useful Post:

I wonder why some get these and others don't. It has been a really long time since I have gotten a scam email, Im talking years. I have a website, I am listed on google places, all the popular daycare websites and I don't get anything. I'm feeling a little unloved and left out LMAO

Shy
    hi I'm new at this and I had received the same email from Mr. Beebs and then found all these posts regarding this person. My question is, How do you know this is a scam?

Outgoing
    Many of us have been contacted by this person, or from the 'mexican family'. do a search on the forums for the Mexican family scam. You will see many threads about it. Basically these people claim that they are moving to town (or back from Mexico, as in some versions of this scam) and need daycare for their child (or children) and want to know info about your daycare, to make them seem more genuine. They wont meet you, but instead would rather just send you money to 'secure their daycare spot for when they come back to town'. They will over pay you by a crazy sum and when you contact them about it, they will ask for the difference back. When you send them the check for the difference, you will be out your money because the check is no good.

Shy
    OMG! I just received another email from Mr. Beebs still requiring about my home daycare. I had deleted him the first time after I came on here and saw all these messages. Are you all sure this is a scam? Help!!!

I also just got two emails from "Mr. Beebs". I'm located in Whitby, ON. Where are you since I'm sure he mentioned he would be relocating to 'your area' as well. I believe it's a total scam. I got a strange feeling from his first email but still replied. In his second email he said he was returning to Canada from Mexico. After reading some threads on this forum I know he is not legit.