Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Would you report another home daycare?

.................... ................
    Last edited by babydom; 10-17-2014 at 12:50 PM.

Euphoric !
    Personally I wouldn't worry to much about what is going on at her home unless you see something major going on -has 15 kids but only allowed 5 for example or kids left to run in the street type of situation. The thing is we all view things differently and what you see as being a safety concern might not be to others (leaving child unattended while running to the basement for example).

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mickyc For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Unless there is a major safety issue, I wouldn't report. That's just me though. I don't have drama in my life and I don't go looking for it (not saying you are!). I don't concern myself with how others run their businesses. I feel the parents going to the dc would report if something was wrong.

Now saying that, if I saw physical abuse happening, I would report for sure! I would also only report if I was absolutely sure of what I'm reporting. False accusations are not taken lightly IMO and could ruin someone's career.

If you are truly concerned for children's safety though, I'd report or at least talk to her about your concerns.
    Last edited by 5 Little Monkeys; 07-10-2014 at 07:28 AM. Reason: physical abuse

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

I have to agree with 5LM and mickyc. What exactly are you witnessing that has you to be concerned for the welfare of the children in her care? Unfortunately, even if you don't make the call and someone else does, she will probably assume it was you regardless.

Expansive...
    It depends on what you have been witnessing and how many kids she has. I think we would be more able to help you out and give you advice if you could elaborate.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fun&care For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    Why wouldn't you report her anonymously? Why is it fair that she have more than her fair share, It takes me months to get a new client in my area and it burns me to see dc providers with more than the 5 allowed. Now that being said is it possible she has her own kids in the mix? they don't count in Ontario (at this time)
    I would also like to mention that if ANYTHING were to happen in the daycare and she is over then once again we ALL look bad. Just sayin' Home Daycare providers need to be above reproach after all the bad publicity that has been in the news.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to madmom For This Useful Post:

I would report her. If she is doing this illegally what other illegal things she could be doing and also is not fair that some of us stick to the law and others don't care. Not a fair competition either if they can charge less or offer more because they are getting higher income for not following the law.

I doubt that most major accidents and deaths in home daycare happen with providers that follow the law and are informed and educated.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Artsand crafts For This Useful Post:

Shy
    If I knew a provider was doing something illegal I would report her without concern.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackcat3168 For This Useful Post: