Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Another no show

Outgoing

Another no show

So yesterday I had a lady respond to my ad, we were going back and forth all morning with a few details and she booked an appointment for yesterday afternoon at 3:00. She sent me an email a half an hour before our scheduled appointment to tell me that she'd have to reschedule because her parents-in-laws just flew in Portugal and wanted to see their grandson. She didn't know this until a half an hour before our meeting?! Now I've heard it all. Oh well, at least she let me know that she wouldn't be showing up. I was putting off snack time for her not to mention all my and the children's time that she wasted!

Expansive...
    Annoying!! But at least she called to cancel....a lot of people these days don't even bother to do that! Hope you fill your space soon.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lou For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Oh I feel you! At least half of my interviews have been no-shows lately, it's ridiculous! At least she let you know...but come on, she didn't know they were on a flight from Portugal?? I find that pretty hard to believe...I'd be annoyed too.
    I just got an email from a prospective client a full week after their interview (at least they actually showed up, which is something!) saying that while they think I would be an excellent caregiver, they don't want him in a program with that many kids (I have 3 of my own). Understandable, I guess, but why in the world did they come in the first place?? My ad says I have 3 kids, I also said so during my emails to them, and my older 2 are in school full-time, along with 2 of my daycare kids that are only b/a school! Aside from the next 6 weeks, the child (15 months) would actually only be with 2 or 3 others, LESS than the usual ratio!
    Anyways. I will never understand why so many people think it's ok to waste our time. Soooo done with interviews....finger s crossed for both of us!

Outgoing
    Thanks Lou and Crazy Eight. It's so weird, she obviously had a change of heart. We discussed price and she asked how many kids and everything seemed fine, it just makes you wonder what they're thinking! I haven't really had any serious interviews this summer yet. Good luck with filling your spot as well Crazy Eight.

Expansive...
    Not to say I know it is the same situation, but my immigrant husband's family is very secretive about travelling. The often don't tell anyone if they are coming or going, so perhaps this is the case with that family too? Who knows, there are lots of cultural differences out there!