Long story short, I had a little 1 year old who pretty much cried and whined almost non-stop for 11 weeks. I finally decided I am not able to adequately provide him with what he needs as well as care for the other children enrolled. That and his mood was really affecting me and the rest of the kids as he was always crying or in some distressed state no matter what I did or tried. So after A LOT of though, I gave the family notice (they knew the situation). I gave 1 month notice to the family and his last day is scheduled for Aug 8th. Now of course I feel terrible every day when he reaches out for me at arrival and is a happy smiley little guy. He still has his moments but today was particularly lovely with him.

Obviously I do not want to waver back and forth as the poor family probably despises me (the dad agrees he is a whiny baby and it drives them crazy too but the mom now gives me the cold shoulder and I don't blame her). I just feel bad. I know I made the right choice based on how he is the majority of the time and he needs more 1 to 1 attention but I'm so afraid the next little guy I get will be worse just in spite of it all. Ugh.

Just needed to vent...