Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I'm Done!

Starting to feel at home...

I'm Done!

Hi Ladies,

This is more of a vent, but only you all truly understand.
    I've decided to finally give up! To start I made the decision to take siblings,( bad decision) a month in, parents decide to openly tell me they bought a new van, so need to switch to PT since now they can't afford to pay FT fees. At the time financially I couldn't afford to lose income, so I agreed. Well 2 weeks later, surprise, payday comes and nobody shows up, no text, no calls etc.. I chased them via text all weekend only to finally get a response telling me they were away for the weekend! I was so mad! Needless to say, I termed them on the spot for non payment, ( many late payments). When I informed them they owed a late fee now of course they argued how it was unfair of me to ad this extra money. I informed them they had 24 hrs to pay otherwise I would file with small claims court. 4 hrs later I got paid.
    My current family mom and dad separated and mom informed me last month they would be moving in with her parents. But re assured me dcb was staying with me, as he's been with me for almost 2 yrs, and she wants to keep this stability and routine in his life. I ended up taking last week off, as my father's battle with cancer went downhill, he passed away fairly quick, the day after the funeral I agreed to take Dcb back, as not to in convience the family more, well that day she gives me her 2 week notice! She had secured another daycare spot closer to her, she then proceeds to apologize for keeping me in the dark and how bad she now feels for do so.
    HUGE lesson, don't bend over backwards, or do favours for parents!! It'll bite you in the a$$!
    Now I'm left empty, no income, dealing with a sudden loss. I'm not interested in doing this anymore. I'm done.

Outgoing
    Oh my..... First of all I'm so sorry for your loss momof5. I now how hard it is when a parents is sick with cancer....just dealt with that last year with my mother.

I too get so frustrated with dealing with parents and bending backwards. I'm dealing with a lot now with an old family in a pretty heated court battle and feel like giving up all the time.

You are right as a provider we need to stick to our rules and policies because in my experience in the end parents will take advantage and once you give an inch they take a mile.

Once again so sorry for your loss

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Teagansmom For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I am so sorry for your loss! Sending big hugs your way! At least now you can take some time to grieve and than start fresh! I wish you luck whether it be with new families or finding a new job!

It's a fine line between being accommodating and enforcing your rules/policies. I have some things that I am not willing to be flexible with and other things that I am willing to give and take with. Parents are very much like the children we care for....sometimes you just gotta pick your battles! I'd like to think that it's because of this that I have only had one parent who took advantage of me. Lesson learned though and will hopefully not have that happen again! I terminated care with this particular family and I think it also showed my other current families that I mean business and in the end, it is me who runs my business and not the other way around!

Take some time to yourself now and allow yourself to be angry and sad and than come back refreshed and ready to tackle the next challenge!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Shy
    im so sorry for your loss!!

i know how u are feeling i have experienced some similar situations lately with dc families we have to learn life lessons the hard way!
    maybe you just need a breather to deal with ur loss and have some time with ur family.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mamabearto3 For This Useful Post:

I'm sorry for your loss. That must be so frustrating with those parents.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gloucestermom For This Useful Post:

Thanks! She is sending him for his last 2 weeks, as I already had her deposit. During this time I will try and come up with a new game plan. Putting my own 2 into daycare and working outside the home is looking like my best option right now.

Euphoric !
    So sorry for your loss.

All the best to you in the future

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mickyc For This Useful Post:

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I'm kind of in the same boat. I lost one of my 5 to FT school last month, and another for the same reason this fall. I *just* finished talking to my 3rd mom, who got a new job and will now be working shifts, so they will be coming less, will need a rotating schedule and not sending their SA daughter come fall. So that leaves me 2.5. I just want to cry. The thought of going through the whole interview/integration for someone new is so not appealing.

I'm scared that my skills are no longer marketable, even though I've only been doing this for a couple of years. I seriously just want to cry. I'm scared it's going to take me months and months to find a job, with half my income coming in, but I also don't want to go through everything it takes to find someone new if it doesn't take me long. I just don't know what to do.

That was my very long winded way of saying I know what you're going through. I can't imagine adding in the extra stress of loosing a parent as well, that's just awful. I'm so sorry for your loss.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kimg For This Useful Post:

Shy
    I'm so sorry for your loss momof5 That is horrible. I can't imagine what you are going through right now, I can only send you my positive thoughts that you can find what is best for you and your family. *hugs*

16. The Following User Says Thank You to DayHomeMama For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    I'm so sorry !!! This job is soo hard to deal with when you are experiencing stress in your personal life !! I'm so sorry about your loss !
    I'm not sure what's best for you , I feel for you !

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Secondtimearound For This Useful Post: