Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Daycare Slump

Euphoric !
    A lot of what we do inside can also be done outside! Most of the time our outdoor play is free play but I also took the opportunity this year to plant a small garden and use that for some structured learning. When we go for walks, it takes us 30 minutes to go around the block because we stop to discuss things we see and there's usually a neighbour out that we stop and chat with, especially the ones with dogs! I bought a white bed sheet and the kids are going to get paint filled guns to decorate it to use for fort building. I clip a chalkboard onto the fence and they get to do art if they want. Little things like this don't seem like much but it's an easy way to get some structured learning into the day while still outside. The UV has been high and looks like all next week will be too so unfortunately I've been limiting our time outdoors still anyways

I just remembered we haven't had our car wash yet! It was the favourite activity from last summer. I drag all the ride on toys to the driveway, put them in swimsuits and give them buckets of soapy water! They love it!! (I'm a fan of free play but when I don't plan some activities I feel lazy and like I'm just a babysitter....I pride myself on being a dcprovider)
    Last edited by 5 Little Monkeys; 07-30-2014 at 02:26 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    I feel the same way !! I run my themes September -June , July and August we spend the majority of time at the park in the morning and outside after 3 . It is soo hot and humid outside we skipped going out this afternoon !! Ugh
    Even though all my parents know it's free play mostly for summer , I still feel guilty when they go home with just free time art work !
    This morning we brought out 4 big plastic containers and I mixed food dye in them and we mixed the colours to experiment what different colours we could make !
    Lots of fun ! Then tried to teach them the rainbow colours in order and we made chalk rainbows .

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Secondtimearound For This Useful Post: