Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: End of Summer

Euphoric !

End of Summer

So I have put in zero effort this summer for a few reasons but the main one was I kind of mentally checked out because there was a strong possibility we were going to move and I was going to close up shop. That being said, we are not moving my husband did not get the job.

So, I have 3 kids leaving for school but they are done in 2 weeks as I have vacation. I want to do something fun for these last two weeks to celebrate all that we have done together and get them excited for school. I know I can go on Pinterest and find some ideas but I don't even know what to search. Are there ideas on here that people have done?

Expansive...
    I just did a Teddy Bear picnic yesterday, the kids each brought tbeir favourite stuffy from home. I threw a sheet over my outdoor climber to make a "bear cave", they had a pretend food picnic for their teddies then we had a real food picnic afterwards (with Bear Claw cookies). Then we had a bear themed circle time and games (all outside) - we played 'Duck, Duck, Bear' and 'What time is it Mr. Bear?', musical chairs, etc. Then we did water play. They all loved it, my kids range in age from 2 to 5.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AmandaKDT For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Thanks for the cute idea. I think where I get stuck is I am very "all or nothing." I will save a certain craft to do until I do a certain theme and then never do it. I decided to do an end of summer party and possibly a "talent show" of sorts. Just going to fill every day next week with something cool as well. Think we'll do a teddy bear picnic next wed.

Expansive...
    I know what you mean, if I don't plan and actually do it within a week then I forget about it and it never happens. Good luck with you fun events, keep it simple! I don't usually do anything that takes longer than 5 minutes to prep, then it doesn't feel like a waste of time when the kids aren't into it.

We also made wind chimes yesterday, which my older kids really liked. Just involves plastic cups, strings, beads, a couple jingle bells. Just google plastic cup wind chime if you're interested. It definitely was a time filler if your kids like working with beads, took quite awhile to string all the beads on.

Euphoric !
    That's a cute idea Amanda! I may steal it lol...and may steal the windchime idea too!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post: