Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Expansive...

It's a grouchy day !!

What a day !! Nothing like starting your day with siblings that must be tired because they have been fighting non stop !
    Craft time was useless I'm wondering why I bothered ! But I am OCD at trying to stick to my schedule and today has been challenging ! I finally put the younger down to nap at 11 which I'm trying to be ok with because then we couldn't go outside ( schedule schmedule )
    Then I , me anti tv woman ! Laid the other two down with blankies and I'm sitting here wondering how to get back on track ugh and lol !
    I only had 4 today , one leaves at noon and the 3 have been pushing limits all day !
    So ...... Now what ??
    I have a feeling it will be an interesting day !! How goes it for you ???

Outgoing
    It's about the same around here. Yesterday and today have been pretty bad. Today I tried to give up and put the tv on before I started lunch. It didn't even work! Only one kid watched a show, and the others all watched me make lunch.
    Yesterday my own two year old had such a big tantrum before her nap that she woke up the youngest of my daycare kids. He didn't go back to sleep the entire nap time, so he was an awful mess, and still kinda grumpy today.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to superfun For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    I only have two today, I am bored! LOL Although the one little guy, does nothing but call my name, and say "my daddy coming" all. freakin. day. Ridiculous because he has been here for a year! I don't know if he is acting out because Mom is preggers or if something else is going on. This behaviour has escalated since Mom got pregnant although he did a lot of screeching before. He is 2 and he is becoming a real challenge. He doesnt play with anything, regardless of what toys I bring out or whether we are inside or outside. Craft time is fine until his turn is done then it is a full out screamfest! For the second day in a row, he ate nothing at lunch. I am so done!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jodaycare For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Ugh must be in the air then !! One of mine cried all through craft then after I put her on time out after hitting her brother she put a blanket over her head and pretended to shake ( she pretends she's afraid ) all the time yelling ,"I'm unsure ! I'm afraid " usually I am so patient and try to assure her and today I just said , yup ! Me too !
    Which was of course hilarious and they all laughed hysterically until little brother walked by and knocked some of the craft off the table , then we were back to fighting !!!

Euphoric !
    well my kids are actually being fairly good today other than I am the one grouchy. My husband has had a terrible week this week at work and needs to find a new job ASAP (very toxic workplace!!). It is stressing him out and me out and we are both not sleeping well. luckily for the kids they are somewhat behaving today! LOL

I have one boy who is being a little turd!! He has been in timeout a few times today already. He is going through the MINE stage AGAIN! Mom is doing little things that are getting under my skin (nothing major but because I am overtired and cranky it bothers me).

One more day and the weekend. It can only go up from here (that is what I told my husband anyways!!). Lets hope I am right.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mickyc For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    That's a difficult one !! When men get stressed ! Unless it's just mine !! He loves it when I assure him we can handle what ever comes and then I deal with it !! Lol

Euphoric !
    thanks secondtimearound - I have to say though that this has been an exceptionally bad week and not normal everyday work stuff. We have both had some bad jobs over the years but I have to say this one takes the cake! We unfortunately can't afford for him to be unemployed or he would have quit long time ago. He just can't find a job locally that pays decent and in his field. Hopefully he hears back from the latest place he applied. ugh.....

Expansive...
    Aww I'm sorry !! That is so stressful ! I'm sending good wishes your way !

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Secondtimearound For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Sorry to hear about all the bad days!! Here's to hoping the afternoons are better!!!

Mickyc, my fingers and toes are crossed!!!

It's been a pretty good week here. I only have 3 and it's really nice weather so we've been outside most of this week. Today I put away toys and brought out new ones so that entertained them the whole morning. I had a chance to purge some other toys/books and have some people coming by to pick things up later tonight.

Nap is just about over and than we are heading outside again!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    It's like Christmas when new toys come out !!!! Mine are all up from early nap and I would love to go to the park but I have two that just do not listen ! I'm going this weekend for a fresh load !! I am trying to transition my dcks from playing with me to playing with friends and it's a battle !
    I turned the tv on today and got so frustrated thinking these kids would rather sit and watch tv then play so I turned it off lol
    It seems with this one family they need so much interaction to just play . I have a cedar playhouse outside it's soo cute , we brought out all the tea party things and babies and I gave them water to make tea and do dishes ect and had to take babies away as they were pouring water on the babies , they are almost 4 so I thought they would have fun !! But nope ! Today I'm going to let them make mud pies , I'm truly running out of ideas ! Help !!