Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Blah, Monday :(

Euphoric !

Blah, Monday :(

Just wanting to whine LOL

One child has double ear infection and on meds. His nose is constantly running and he's whiny today. I started to transition him off morning nap last week and knew today might be tricky after the weekend at home. However, he came in today with no crying ( usually cries when mom leaves and than instantly stops...little turd lol)

The little handful is into everything today, doing things he knows he can't, climbing everything and slobbering on all my toys. Good thing he's cute!

The 3 year old is fine other than not wanting to play with anyone.

The Chinese boy came in great today and is still doing good. Ate morning snack for the first time but is tired and asking to go to sleep already.

I have a lingering headache that I fear will turn into a migraine. My stomach is off today so I don't want to venture far from the house lol.

Now that I typed it out it doesn't sound so bad lol. Guess it's time to suck up my whiny-ness and get them outside!!

How's your Monday??

Euphoric !
    So far so good here. We went outside at 8 this morning until 9:45 (burr was it cold) so that kind of threw the group off but had to as my house cleaners came this morning (basement still under construction). We ended up going to the front of the house after about 45 minutes to play with the chalk (and sit in the sunshine). My last child got dropped off while we were outside so he didn't get too dirty. I had to strip down the 3 girls at the back door before I would let them in. I have all their coats, mitts, socks and pants in the washing machine now. Wet grass and colored chalk do not mix LOL. My house is clean and enjoying the beautiful sunshine through the living room windows. Kids are watching Doodle Bops right now and then we will do some coloring/art. Looking forward to some super nice weather this afternoon and throughout the week. My daughter starts swimming lessons tonight and I am so happy that she is old enough now that I don't have to go in with her!!

Outgoing
    Ugh, I detest Mondays!

I'm down 2 kids today (18-month-old dcb is getting tubes in his ears and grandpa is watching his sister so mom and dad don't have to worry about pickup times and such) and the day still sucks!

My own 22-month-old decided she didn't want to get ready to take the kids to school this morning and had a colossal fit on the kitchen floor. Then I discovered she had pooped, and had to pin her down to keep her from rolling and flailing to change her. Poor kid was covered in snot and all blotchy by the time I got her in the stroller! lol

New 2.5-year-old dcg still refuses to nap, climbs out of the playpen 3 seconds after she's placed in it EVERY SINGLE TIME, and can't even have "quiet time" in the playroom by herself during naptime. She keeps on coming up the stairs by herself, dragging blankets and stuffies. Not only do we both need a break, but she's going to trip on the stairs and fall one of these times - they know full well they are NOT to do the stairs without me there, just in case. I finally got sick of it and strapped her into a highchair in the middle of the playroom. The kid has GOT to learn to listen, and she seems to have zero concept of what it means to actually respect any kind of authority. She went completely ballistic, promised to stay downstairs, was let back down to play, and promptly fell asleep!!!

...for five minutes. Now she is screaming...again... .but appears to be at least staying downstairs. I soooo want to terminate this kid, but my husband has managed to talk me out of it for now. We want to sell our house and move across town, and her mom goes to school at the college right where we are looking - I know she'd stay with me. I would lose at least a couple clients, so the idea of guaranteeing at least one if we move is very appealing. The constant screaming and climbing at nap time, however, is NOT.

Hope everyone's Mondays are improving!

Euphoric !
    Ugh, doesn't sound fun!! Hopefully the afternoon is better

Expansive...
    I had an interview this morning !! It was soo funny because one of my 3 yr olds kept telling the new mom that he loved it here and remembered his first day here ! It was almost like i paid him !!! He wouldnt keep out of the interview! Lesson learnt with him but at least it was all positive feedback !! lol so my day is rolling along !! Everyone was happy and it was a great monday Yay !!!
    I bought some new tables and a bookcase with doors and have been organizing !!!
    The only thing i detest about my play area is that the ceiling is not finished !! ugh hate it ! I had an estimate of $1000 to have it spray painted , my dh doesnt want to , so Im sitting here trying to figure out how to cover it ,

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Secondtimearound For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    That is so cute secondtimearound!! I hope the family takes the spot!

I love getting new things and re-organizing!!

The day ended pretty good. My handful finally started to listen and the boy on meds wasn't whiny this afternoon. My handful's mom also paid early and in cash! Yay!! Payday isn't until this Friday but they get paid on opposite weeks and wanted to pay early...fine by me!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Yay !!! thats always fun !!!! Im glad your day was better !!! Im in new mans land here as Im thinking on passing the family, Ive never done that before !!! I was interviewing 2 and could accommodate both families but the one potential wasnt happy with my price and I would be potty training and the other potential has a 13 month old boy so no training for awhile, she is a teacher and has worked as a daycare provider so she fully understood my contract.
    Im happy with the dcks I have and Im thinking I dont have to fill all my spaces. Usually Im pretty OCD about fitting and filling my dayhome but where I am right now, I think I'm happy !!
    So now I must let her know I am not going to do dayhome for her and Im not sure how to do that !!!

Euphoric !
    Blah Tuesday!!! lol....I can feel myself getting grouchier as the days go on. I sometimes get in ruts and I feel I'm in one now. I am just miserable and grouchy and whiny and annoy even myself. I just want to stay in bed and sleep I love Fall, it's my favourite season and I feel that I'm missing out on it but can't shake this blah feeling. Hopefully I'm back to myself soon!!

So if I understand correctly, you are filling the one space with the teacher's child and leaving the other space empty? That sounds like a good idea if that is what you want I would just send her an email thanking her for the interest but that at this time all spaces are currently filled and you will be in touch with her if a space opens up in the future.

Expansive...
    I love fall too !!!! I totally understand how you feel !! Last week I was feeling the same way ! I think with our personalities ( I'm just thinking about your posts ��) we can be so busy and over task ourselves and then suffer abit of burn out !! I spend so much time and energy as I like to do everything to the extreme that all of sudden I realize I'm down ! I usually break out of it by reorganizing and then I'm back on track ! But I allow myself to wallow lol when I'm down ! It might be the only way my mind gets rest !!
    My dh will come home and look around and know my mood by our house and what dinner is lol ! He thinks he's so clever lol ! Last week , when I was grumpy , he ordered in Chinese food and we snuggled and watched tv most of the day while our youngest did her thing , he said he enjoyed the down time ! Lol usually I have a ton of things we "need" to do !!
    My advice is just go with it , you must need a break !!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Secondtimearound For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Oops and I'm thinking I may just pass on both interviews ! Just enjoy the set up I have at the moment !! I was going to start the teacher but she hasn't contacted me back only to say , please hold the spot , I think not a great start !
    So I will be down $900 but at this point I'm ok with that !!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Secondtimearound For This Useful Post: