Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Anyone have stroller buying anxiety??

Silly I know but anyone feel anxiety about getting a quad??!? I currently have a triple PEG and am not a fan of it. I find it very difficult to maneuver and pushing it on the slanted/uneven sidewalks has been difficult. I have to start walking my oldest to & from school in the Fall with the dc kids and need something that I can rely on and am going to be happy with seeing as I am going to use it twice a day for 5 days a week. I found a quad Runabout on CL in great condition but am now having anxiety!!! It feels like such a commitment. Ack!

Outgoing
    Honestly, I am feeling very apprehensive about buying an used quad, but I am looking for a foundations (or something similar) because I need it to be able to fold up. I'd be thrilled to get a runabout (if I could afford it!) because they're SO well-built. It may be a big investment, but those things seem to hold up extremely well; I'd be a lot less concerned about buying an used runabout than another brand. Go for it!

Euphoric !
    I feel you! I have that anxiety over buying play structures lol. I have been open 3 summers and have bought 3 large structures and sold 2!! The first 2 had swings but I have finally decided that I don't want swings so I think I'm content on my current one, the 8 in 1 little tikes structure.

I had 2 doubles but wanted a quad. I didn't really want to spend $1200+ though so I held off. I found a runabout on kijjiji that a centre was selling for $500 and I got it for $425!!! I am super impressed with it and love it!! I use it almost daily and it's a dream to push! When my fiancé comes with us, he jumps at the chance to push it lol.

I've used the quads that are side by side double and fold up, in a centre I worked at. While I did like that it folded, it was hard to fold, heavy to push and the brake handle had to be bungee corded or your hand would cramp holding it lol. However, if you don't have a place for the runabout than the folding ones would have to do and would be better than nothing!

I'm never going to pack it into my vehicle and folding it isn't an issue either as it will simply sit in the garage wen not being used. The peg doesn't exactly fold either. Obviously the $$$ needed to pay for a runabout is intimidating but at the same time, they do sell well and I need something that is going to work. My single stroller was almost $700 and we still use it so really a bit more for a quad runabout isn't such a big deal. Just feels like such a big decision. Lol!

Euphoric !
    I have had the same anxiety! I just finally bought a 5 seat Runabout...but I have stressed over this decision for the past three years...LOL. It is a huge investment and I get stressed spending so much money...and wonder if I am making the right decision. I love love love my Runabout though...so I now know I made the right decision and I can stop stressing about it!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnydays For This Useful Post:

Whatever you do, do not get the foundation stroller Very hard to manoeuver. This is my second one, only purchased due to affordability. Hand down invest in a runabout. Way essier to push.

I've passed on the runabout for now (sniff sniff) only due to the cost. I will invest in one soon, just not ready this month sadly. I'll have to make due with my Peg.

Shy
    Hi I have brought a quad stroller and i love it, it does not have the double wheels, more like bicycle wheels actually, there are only three wheels on this quad and i can push it with one finger, even goes over mounds of leaves, snow, rocks, trails, yadda yadda, I made this purchase only after getting so frustrated with the other quads with the double wheels , I am from Canada, and this quad stroller I ordered from the states, easy to put together, and great customer service, it was expensive compared to the others but worth every penny, worth checking out.
    yes, it is called a runabout!!
    Last edited by kellykelly1847; 08-18-2014 at 01:24 PM. Reason: added info

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kellykelly1847 For This Useful Post: