Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Starting a daycare while working

Hello everyone!
    I'm currently on vacation from work and am due to return to work sept 3! I don't want to go back and would like to start my daycare! My problem is that I have been advertising now for 3 weeks and have no clients. What happens if I only get one client, I couldn't quit my job based on one client or even 2. What happens if I did take on 1 child in hopes of getting 2 more by sept 2? Do I let the client go? I'm stuck I don't know what to do!! Is this a slow period for day cares? I'm hoping it will pick up soon! I'm planning on going to the near by schools and leaving my info for anyone inquiring about day cares?? But what if it doesn't work out?? I simply can't quit my job for only 1 or two clients!! And when I have an opening date.. That doesn't seem to work well with clients either!! Not sure if anyone can help as I know this is a sticky situation!!! But thanks for reading!! I'm just so confused!!

Shy
    That's why personally speaking I am doing my 2 nightshifts a week max with my nurse agency, while waiting for clients to come, just starting one myself, but also to ensure an income on both sides, when one is lacking hopefully the other makes up for it too. If you can, it may be wise to keep both jobs, at least until you are getting clients ongoing and more in demand for their care.