Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

Eco friendly cleaner

So there was a thread a while back talking about cleaners, and there was one in specific that someone mentioned that was safe for kids and didn't require rinsing. I think it was a Clorox product.

I didn't save it because you can only get it in the states, but my parents are going this weekend for a quick trip, so if anyone can let me know Id really appreciate it!

I like to use vinegar and water because it's eco friendly and does not have a strong smell. I have used bleach and water in the past and one time I somehow got a stain on a favourite top.

Starting to feel at home...
    I use vinegar and water too, for almost everything. The best thing for windows is vinegar and newspaper - it never leaves streaks!

Outgoing
    I remember which one you're talking about, and I'm pretty sure it was a clorox product. I asked my mom to pick some up in the states, but she couldn't find it. I've been using vinegar instead.

If you feel you can trust a huge corporation like Chlorox that's one thing, but one product out there you need to be aware of that bills itself as eco-friendly is Simple Green. Their All Purpose cleaner contains 2-butoxyethanol, which also goes by a number of other names including butyl-cellosolve and monobutyethylether. The problem is this compound is that it is a skin absorbable mutagen and suspected carcinogen. It is also used as a paint thinner.