Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Slow peak??

Starting to feel at home...

Slow peak??

Hello!!
    I have been advertising for about 3 weeks and have had only two bites for part time!! Is it slow for everyone now? Perhaps families are on vacation? Is it going to pick up closer to school start? Is anyone else experiencing this slow peak?

Euphoric !
    I have a spot opening up in September but it needs to be for a child over the age of 2. I have quite a big list for September but they are all for infants

Been slow around here too but I really haven't been looking yet. I'm on holidays this week and don't really care yet lol. Give it a couple more weeks and I'll be stressing out that it's not filled lol

I hope it picks up soon for you!!

This time of the year is really slow. It always picks up towards the last week of August. Then it seems that January and May are the crazy time around here. Sending filler up dust to you>

Yikes!! Hoping to fill soon!!
    Thanks for your responses!!!

Euphoric !
    It always amazes me how people leave things like child care to the last minute. I think the last week of August you will notice an increase in calls.

Good luck!

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by mickyc View Post
    It always amazes me how people leave things like child care to the last minute. I think the last week of August you will notice an increase in calls.

Good luck!
    I'm hoping too also, I usually have some strong possibilities by now but I haven't had a response to my ad in weeks, oh except I got another response from that "Mexican family"!

Omg!! Who/what is this Mexican family scam??? I ignored their email as it seemed fishy!!

Outgoing
    Last summer was my first summer, and I was freaking out in June trying to get all my spaces filled for September, thinking if it was me, I'd find a good space as soon as possible, right? Turns out, the vast majority of people don't think they need to worry ahead of time. I did fill up by the middle of August for September, but I couldn't BELIEVE the amount of "daycare wanted" ads that started popping up the last week of August/beginning of September!! It's a lot more common than I thought to wait until the very last second before looking for childcare. Don't stress, they'll come!!

been advertising for two months for a full time spot! I have had a few interviews that seemed to be really good (even a second with one family!). now the Jepordy them is in my head.....

Outgoing

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by innisfildaycare View Post
    Omg!! Who/what is this Mexican family scam??? I ignored their email as it seemed fishy!!
    I sent an email stating that I would never pre-register a family without first meeting them and that their email was highly suspicious.