Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Expansive...

Joining the Fight to change Bill 10! Attention Ontario Residents

Hey Everyone,

I'm sure by now many of you have done your part to send letters and educate parents on the impact bill 10 will have on our business and parents ability to find and afford care.

There is a group (started in Ottawa) that has created a coalition to take our fight further. It's called the CICPO (Coalition of Independent Childcare Providers of Ontario). I am the team lead for the Toronto area and Durham Region but encourage you all to join the CICPO in your region. We can get more results working together than struggling individually.

Please email me at agibson.cicpo.toront o@gmail.com for more information

The toronto and durham region FB page is CICPO Toronto

The main facebook page for the cicpo is 'Coalition of Independent Childcare Providers of Ontario'

We have brochures for parents, templates for emailing MPPs (parents and providers) and SUPPORT

We are also planning a provincial day of action.

I have also been in touch with Toronto Family Services who are doing the first ever study into Independent Home-Based Child Care. They are starting with a survey and roundtable meetings in Toronto to get OUR perspective and to ask questions about how our businesses are run. The government WILL LISTEN to the recommendations these people make to the government. The more participation they have, the better it is for us. THERE IS A SPOT IN THE SURVEY WHERE YOU CAN MAKE YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS REGARDING THE CHANGES THAT NEED TO TAKE PLACE. Unfortunately the survey is only for GTA and Durham region.

Please contact me and join the cause

Andrea Gibson
    agibson.cicpo.toront o@gmail.com

If you are in the Toronto

Outgoing
    I'm the team lead in Belleville. Anyone around this area who would like more information, let me know! Great post, Andrea!

Euphoric !
    I'm the team lead for Newmarket/Aurora. I'll happily send out our information package to anyone interested.

Euphoric !
    The CCPRN website has a survey on their site that parents and providers can take to address how they will be impacted and they are compiling the info too. www.ccprn.com

Expansive...
    Gotta love that the only people who replied to this are already involved

Common ladies!!! We need your help if we are all going to survive this!!!

Euphoric !
    Yep...welcome to the rampant apathy. I'd best not hear one of those not getting involved complain about the ramifications of the bill even once....not one time.

Expansive...
    Oh Cadillac and Cfred......I hear ya! I have contacted 43(!!!) providers in my area and not a single one has gotten back to me!!!!

Outgoing
    I have filled out the survey, signed at least 2 petitions, joined the Facebook group and sent letters to my MPPs. No date has been set for the day of action and August is almost over. I am afraid that if they dont pick a date soon, very few people will attend. We need time to let our clients prepare and a day or two notice isnt fair. JMO

Outgoing
    The day of Action won't be until late September. The MP's don't go back to Queen's Park until October 20, so we have time. Trying to drum up as much media attention and response before the day of action, but as far as I know, we'll all get much more notice than a day or 2.

Euphoric !
    I've already given my clients the heads up that it's coming....been talking about it for weeks. We don't know when, but it will happen. Given that we're doing this to help them as well, they're all fully on board with it.