Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Happy 'Monday' everyone:)

Whew..... transitioning 2 one-year olds in this week. So far, I get one quiet and content and the other screams...arrggghh. So far, am nap has been a bust. But, I have my bag of tricks to access and know this too shall pass. Should make for a good nap this afternoon; they've tuckered themselves out! On the upside, my regulars are so happy (and kind and patient with the littles) and I have coffee (& Tylenol)....yippee! Happy short week everyone
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamalittledream For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Happy Short Week indeed!!! Hope it goes smoother for you as time goes on!

Outgoing
    Yes, I need to remember it's a short week....I have day one of transitioning a 2.5 year old and an 18-month-old, and both are currently hysterical...in my excitement at finally having all nappers again (vs the 4,5 and 6 year olds I've had all summer) I seem to have forgotten that just because they USUALLY nap doesn't mean they'll do it on day one for me. I need another coffee...

And happy first day back to school for (most of) our kids!

Expansive...
    Thankfully my day is going well. I have a wicked head cold and had a 2 year old dcg start her first day today. I also have 8 kids today, the first time I've had that many. My max number had been 7 up til this point. It was a busy morning but everyone played nicely and were super kind to the new girl - which was awesome. The new 2 year old also went to sleep without any fuss at all, after a few minutes of crying when her mom left she just started playing with everyone like she had been coming her for months already! Thank goodness, because I thought this was going to turn into a nightmare day!

Outgoing
    So far we're not doing too bad here. For the last two weeks I've been averaging 6-7 kids most days, and today is only 6. One of my regular 2 year olds usually comes with his 6 year old brother when his mom has to work and there's no school. However, she never mentioned that he was coming today. I suspected he would be here, but I was actually hopeful that he was staying home somehow, when their mom didn't mention anything. Happily, he's been the nicest, best behaved kid here today.
    Happy Short Week!

Expansive...
    It's a good day here !! As luck would have it , I only had 3 yr olds come today ( just 4 of them ) I love this age !!!
    We just started quiet time and they are laying on cots with stuffies pretending they are mommy and daddy dogs with their puppies laying with them !!! So cute !!

Euphoric !
    It's been a good Tuesday here I was supposed to have 3 but only have 2. It's my fiance's last day before he goes back to work so we took the two boys out. They had a play at McDonald's and a visit to the toy store where we bought some new vehicles and play mat. We also exchanged 4 puzzles with a lady who wanted new ones for her children so we now have 4 new puzzles too! I also picked up a used coupe car and am going to spray paint it this afternoon when they wake up from nap. I have already spray painted one to be "batmobile" and they LOVE it. I'm kinda addicted now and want to make lots of cool looking coupe cars and sell them! haha.