Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vent:(

Vent:(

So glad this forum is here. Sometimes you feel better just getting it out. Transitioning 2 one year olds (what the heck was I thinking?!). My constant screamer (unless I hold her) was off last 2 daycare days. Dad drops off 2 1/2 hours late this morning (I actually called home to see what was happening today). My other transition had just gotten off to sleep for morning nap (after fighting it). Screamer arrives and is actually fine on the floor with me (phew!); Dad comes back down for a final kiss (no crying yet...phew!)...then he comes back again (what is it we owe you again?)...this time, she screams, other transition wakes and screams...and it sets off my 2 year old who starts to scream. Of course, Dad runs to pick up his child...I quickly stop him and say "have a good day, I got this". Sigh. The crying! (1/2 hour now for crier) My head! Whew...1 hour to lunch prep and naptime
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Gahhhh that's rough...silly father. I am transitioning a 1 year old who hasn't been socialized AT ALL so only wants mum. She is a great communicator thank goodness and has given me the most anally specific play by play of the last 3 days that she has been home. So this afternoon there is a telephone conversation to be had about what the hell they are doing or not doing with her routine...or lack of. We will see how that goes lol at least today she isn't crying as much as she was on Thursday. Hopefully this works out for the both of us. Transitioning sucks...two one year olds was what I also did in January...silly me, what was I thinking

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bright sparks For This Useful Post:

My best little guy currently (he starts school next year); cried for 3 weeks straight when he joined us @ a year old. He was inconsolable. Then, one day, suddenly, 'tadaa' he was fine. Funny little ducks they can be. Fortunately I have these little success stories to get me through to the end of the tunnel
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamalittledream For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I just love when they get them all riled up and then suddenly realize and make their quick getaway leaving us with the mess. Luckily my parents usually just need to be told once and they get it.

Euphoric !
    ahhhh, annoying!!! I too will step in and say "have a good day, talk to you later!" as a big cue to get the heck outta here so I can settle them all down lol. I know the parents think they are helping but it is so much easier for them to leave. It's why I added a quick drop off time limit and every now and then throw it in the reminder section of the monthly newsletters.

My vent of the day.....dad of a 19 month old boy comes in today and says they started to potty train over the weekend. Great, potty training, my favourite! lol. I asked what he says when he wants/needs to go(as child has no clear words yet) and dad says "oh he doesn't ask, we just put him on it before and after nap"....sigh....I am not a fan of this but whatever. Mom texts a picture of him on there potty at home (he's standing in it not sitting LOL) and says the same thing. I again ask "what does he say or have any cues so you know when he needs to go?" and mom says they are just wanting to get him used to the potty. I said I will do the same here and this makes her happy. I will put him on it from time to time and he comes in the bathroom with the older kids anyways sometimes but I'm not putting a child on the potty every 20 minutes when he hasn't shown an interest AT ALL here at dc and can not even tell me when he needs to go. Maybe some have had success doing it this way but I refuse to be the one trained!! phew...I feel better. Thanks for the letting me vent too!

Expansive...
    Why do parents do that ?? Say good bye , kiss and go ! Ugh the potty training area is just one that makes me cringe !! At least the mom seemed to get that the child wasn't ready !!!
    My vent is waking up to snow !!! Ugh discovering which parents had looked at a weather report and then taking 15 min to get everyone into snow gear and get outside and everyone loses their mind !! 17 month old starts screaming snow is falling on her hat , 3 yr old stands and wets herself !!! And starts screaming !! 3 yr old dcb starts yelling he's cold and 20 month walks over and picks up snow in the sand box and eats it !!!! My own dd is crying because she doesn't want to go in !!! Ugh I've been told "no" by the same 20 month old prob 25 times this morning !!!
    Can not wait for nap !!!!!!

Euphoric !
    Snow? Where are you??? We are sunny in Ontario and unseasonably warm. I'm even taking out the kiddie pool this afternoon.

Expansive...
    Alberta ! Been snowing all day ! It will warm up as yesterday was hot ! Weird weather

Euphoric !
    Scary! I am dreading snow and the snowsuit Olympics every day, 2 times a day! I would not have been prepared (mentally or emotionally) to handle snow today!

Expansive...
    Lol !!! I wasn't either !!! We got ready and literally stayed outside for 5 min !! The child that cried he was freezing , announced best snow play time ever when we got inside !! My dd lost her mind , thankfully dh had stopped in from work and decided to take her for a walk !!!
    Mondays !! ( I'm fist shaking !!!)